Really let down.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bluewomble88, Sep 9, 2014.

1. bluewomble88 macrumors regular

I know it's just a phone but, c'mon, this is poor from Apple

No Sapphire display, protruding camera, FUGLY back case, no 4" model, 16GB base unit, protruding camera (yes, it's a big deal), too thin, no significant improvement to battery technology, nothing screaming "wow".
    It goes on and on.

Not to mention the live feed was really annoying and made the whole unveiling even more unwhelming. The Chinese translator ruined whatever I was able to see and they couldn't even get the music right before the event started.

So, I have a dilemma. I am on 3 (UK) and I can upgrade. I've had a 5 for two years but I just do not want to get a 6 for another two years. I really think the 6s might fix a lot of the design problems with this model so I want to switch my upgrade cycle. The thing is, my 5 is failing so I must change it. Is there anywhere I can get a 5s on just a one-year deal?

2. meechy macrumors 6502

Buy something else then. No one is forcing you to buy it

3. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

The live feed was truly a let down. I missed the first half hour-ish with it going out and starting over. I am going to reserve judgement on the actual products announced until I can go back and watch the entire thing over again, hopefully tonight.

But geez, the live feed was terrible.

4. SaltedV8 macrumors member

I Will sell you mine when I Upgrade. FOr a good deal

5. Crossmax macrumors member

Don't fool yourself, all S-verions have kept the same physical aspects of their predecessor. Hence, the 6S will have the same design and protruding camera, and limited battery compartment.

6. Radiating macrumors 65816

Except that the new processor is 25% faster while using half the power, which results in 25%-50% more battery life.

7. Skylitfly macrumors 6502a

Well... to be honest, I'm pretty excited.

Apple just released the best phone available right now. Meaning the iPhone 6 Plus. I'm definitely going to get it sooner or later. It kind of killed the iPad for me.

Seems like my perfect combo for upcoming year will be: 15" rMBP, iPhone 6 Plus and :apple:watch. :cool:

8. maplingstorie macrumors 6502

9. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

10. Shanghaichica macrumors G3

Shanghaichica

I need to watch the keynote before I can form an opinion on anything. The crappy live stream really ruined the whole experience for me. I gave up after after 30 minutes.

11. x-evil-x macrumors 68040

x-evil-x

complaining just to complain? The 64 gig is 100$ more so no need to complain its 100$...
    4" is too small. If you like your phone now keep it no need to upgrade. too thin? Really? How do you know there isn't better battery life? Have you used the phone already? The battery is bigger also. Little ring around the camera is a non issue.
    Stop complaining. breath a little.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I am afraid that the days of "WOW" are getting harder to come by. Only so much to expect these days. Problem here is that too many believed the rumors!

13. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Oooooh, what a greek tragedy! The horror....

14. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

I'll sell you my S5 so I can get an iPhone 6+...

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Every year we see similar threads about how disappointed they are. The 5s had its share of people who were disappointed.

I think the problem is people get so hyped up, and their expectations start exceeding reality.

16. bluewomble88 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, that isn't much of an option.

I've invested a fair bit of money into some essential apps that I use regularly. I am unwilling to reinvest (and relearn) on another platform for similar functionality.

17. xero9 macrumors 6502a

I just noticed too that the iPhone 6 doesn't even support LTE-Advanced. Also, it's missing two LTE bands.. 12, and which ever one is 2600Mhz. WTF.

18. jon9091 macrumors member

Then stay with your existing phone. It's not like it became broken as of 10am Pacific time today.

19. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

Peanut207

Exactly. The 5.5" has made me lose interest in the iPad. I will use my 27" iMac if I need a bigger screen. The 5.5" with the :apple:watch is the perfect combo IMO.

20. recoil80 macrumors 68020

Worst live streaming ever from Apple, I'am very disappointed :mad:

21. BenTrovato macrumors 68030

BenTrovato

It's true.

Plus Apple is more focused on making money and managing their ecosystem. This isn't 10 years ago where Apple needed to innovate.

22. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

That is EXTREMELY arguable. A failed attempt to chatch-up would be a better description.

Apple pay is cool though.

23. TheAnvil macrumors regular

Actually, that isn't correct. The majority of battery goes into powering the screen. Processors themselves spend 99% of their time at idle using next to no power so it's effect on prolonger battery life is minimal.

24. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

Nothing Apple does affects how I feel since I have no need to become emotionally attached.

Life's good, I'm neither impressed or disappointed.

Being ultimately familiar with how Apple operates, specific product details aside, I knew exactly what to expect today, and that's what Apple delivered.

It's just stuff, all of which Apple will stop supporting at some point like usual.

25. MJD Dawg macrumors 6502

Junction of the Pacific, Juan de Fuca & NA Plates
    To be honest, I'm more disappointed in the difference in specs between the two phones, particularly the the fact that the 4.7 inch model lacks OIS in the camera and a sapphire display.

But what does excite me and what may prompt me to start moving to the digital wallet is Apple Pay. The fact that a number and not your credit card numbers and personal info are what is being transferred is a game-changer in my view. The fact that I don't need to worry about encryption or losing info to hackers is a big deal. And if my phone is lost or stolen, simply using Find My Phone will cancel all transactions...plus I won't have to scramble to cancel all my cards and all the associated headaches and worries that entails.

Very impressed.