really looking forward to some of the apps that are going to come out

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by baseballbent, Jun 28, 2008.

1. baseballbent macrumors member

like all of the games obviously

but also that music (piano/drums/etc) app

and also this one: http://ushow.com. its a video recording app!!!!

2. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

looks like a nice app. I wonder what that would cost...and where does the billing go for APP store purchases? at&t bill? or iTunes account?

can APP's be bought only in WIFI range?

3. sfoalex macrumors 6502

sfoalex

I'm actually mostly waiting for OmniFocus for the iPhone to sync with the desktop counterpart. What I very much want though, is a small database app that I hope will allow me to create a custom interface for the entry and lookup for the iPhone. That would gold for me. As important is the ability to format and email the record.

Games will be nice I am sure. I have a Nintendo DS, a PlayStation Portable, and a few others. I honestly never play them. Maybe if I already had the game in my iPhone which I would carry anyway, perhaps I'd finally play. BeJeweled would be good enough for me.

Something like a Pocket Excel is also needed. I saw that already in the news, so I am good there. I don't care to edit word docs on the phone. Just read them. So already covered.

Alex

4. baseballbent thread starter macrumors member

supposedly that app is going to be free. thats what the creator (drunknbass) has been saying for the last 4 or 5 months i think.

and i bet it will be billed through your iTunes acount just like the Wifi iTunes store on the iphone

5. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

As per Steve's keynote speech:

You purchase through itunes or the app store on the phone. You can download it through 3g if the app is 10mb or less, you will have to download over wifi on the phone or itunes on your mac if its over this limit.

Obviously the billing would go to apple seeming as they have set up the app store and are paying the money back to the developers.

6. elbirth macrumors 65816

yeah, the cost of apps will go through iTunes, not your AT&T bill. Apple is the one taking care of the App Store, btw, not AT&T. Also, during the WWDC keynote, Steve said that apps under 10MB (I think that's the size) can be downloaded over the 3G network as well as WiFi, but any app bigger than that can only be downloaded over WiFi.

edit: beaten :-\

7. DreamPod macrumors 65816

Unfortunately, that's a jailbreak app, not an official SDK app. The SDK can't do anything that low-level with the camera, it can tell the camera to take a single picture, that's it.

I am very interested in the App Store and apps, it'll be great to see what people do with it, both apps and games.