Really, what are Apple's selling points going to be for iP5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kas23, Sep 11, 2012.

1. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

We are at the eve of the keynote and I'm wondering what Apple's selling points are going to be tomorrow. We've heard pretty much nothing, besides a panoramic camera. Are they really going to make it one of their "tent poles"??? By this time last year, we had at least heard about Siri. So, what's it going to be?

LTE is a given. I'll give that as a selling point.

Faster processing? Like what the iPad 3 got? I don't know, my current 4S runs fairly fast with whatever I throw at it.

A bigger screen? Is this really a selling point? Seems like a personal preference. Besides, the screen really isn't getting that bigger.

More RAM? Not a selling point as Apple doesn't advertise iPhone RAM.

Better Camera? Got that last year.

Better battery life? Doesn't seem likely with LTE and the bigger screen.

Finally, NFC? All the hardware leaks seem to be arguing against the inclusion of NFC.

So, what's Apple going to talk about for 2 hours? A blow-by-blow rehash of iOS 6?

2. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

God it's like 20 hours away, chill out!

3. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Will be interesting to see how they spin things.

Hopefully something more exciting than "take a picture and send a postcard". That was one the top 10 lamest things I have saw.

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

There's actually a couple threads like this just a few lines down. :)

5. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

That's what I'm saying. Go to bed, wake up, eat breakfast and be productive. BAM.. It'll be announced.

6. gta50419 macrumors 6502

#1. Bigger Screen.
    #2. 10-12 Mp Camara.
    #3. Retina Plus Display.
    #4. Thinner Design.

That's all normal people care about.....hopefully.

----------

Yet you're here replying to it....

7. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I'd like to what the OP regards as a selling point...

Like exactly...

8. kas23 thread starter macrumors 603

kas23

No, they're different. One is an ip5 wish list and another is "what features will iPhone 5 have?".

That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking what feature list is Apple going to try to sell to the general public. Sure, they be more RAM, but this isn't going to be a bullet in their Keynote presentation. Nor will the specifics of the processor be either.

Does Apple have an Ace up their sleeve or are they really going to try to spin us LTE and a 4 inch screen?

----------

Look at last year: Siri and better camera. And of course, the "speed" of an S.

----------

Thinner design. That's a good one. I have my doubts about the 10-12 mp camera though.

9. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

No, we had seen the microphone and knew of the former app, but had no clue how much would be change or how well integrated it was going to be with the phone. This year we don't even have that much.

There are plenty of threads and comments about people mocking Cook's "doubling down on security" speech, but here we are, less than a day away and still nothing is known about ANY extra features or it's camera.

Yup, and the year before it... and the year before that... and the year before that... and so on. Amazing how technology advances.

10. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Great, so let's never make the iPhone camera better ever again! :rolleyes:

11. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

features are selling points. Here's a tip: creating your own post hoping it gets popular with 3,4 pages of comments, when everything is all speculation, or has been posted already is clogging the forum.

12. Purant macrumors 6502

More mp mean nothing at all if it's as noisy as the current cameras. Don't raise the MP, please, just give me a noise free image where every pixel is perfect. Although none of this can happen without the camera sensor getting larger.

What's Retina "plus"?

13. kas23 thread starter macrumors 603

kas23

True. We did not know it as Siri, nor how integrated it would be, but we knew Nuances speech recognition engine would be integrated somehow. But, you're right. This year, nothing.

14. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted

On the one hand you seem to write-off a screen size increase as insignificant. On the other you use it as a liability for battery life.

For goodness sakes pick your side of the fence.

15. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

Cameras are no big deal. All the major phones have models with good ones. LTE is old news as well, except it is new to apple. Lets face it...what can they really say that will surprise us?

a 4" screen..how nice. heheeh what a joke.

The Iphone is so yesterday......

16. kas23 thread starter macrumors 603

kas23

The thinner touch screen. It may also make the screen look better, but I don't think it'll be the leap we saw between the non-retina and retina display. That was a big difference.

----------

I wasn't picking sides. And everything I said is true, is it not?

17. Vesian macrumors member

They've improved the camera on the iphone for each iteration since the 3GS and used it as a "selling point" in every announcement. Most likely another "revolutionized" camera in the 5 that they will talk about again as if it is something new.

My predictions:

-Taller! ("You've never seen anything this incredible before!" or "We weren't first but we got it right!")
    -Better camera ("The most incredible photographs ever taken on a phone!")
    -Thinner! ("Amazing!")
    -Same better life ("An even bigger phone and screen but retained the battery! It's amazing!")
    -World LTE ("So fast!")
    -Seamless integration with passbook! ("Look at this!")

Sorry, lol. Apple is so predictable with the tempo of their presentations. "It's magical!"

18. bigcat macrumors 6502

"The best iPhone we've ever produced" would be a selling point

19. cfc4ever macrumors member

20. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

It will be shorter and narrower than the iPhone 4/4S.

21. noobinator macrumors 601

I bet the camera will be 10mp with zero lag like on some Samsung phones and it will have panorama. They will also push the new screen tech and new form factor and tell us why it's ideal.

22. profets macrumors 68040

A thinner unibody design with a larger screen, LTE and updated internals.

Heck, last year the 4S mainly had internals updated and it seemed like everyone was pissed and then it went on to smash sale numbers.

23. ThinkPin macrumors newbie

I love it!

Wow, I just completely envisioned all of that in my head. Soft voices announcing why Apple's got it right. Hahaha!

I'm still excited though.