Really worried about the polls

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macduke, Nov 1, 2016.

1. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

First things first: I'm a moderate conservative. I can't stand Hillary, but I find Trump to be absolutely deplorable at every moral level possible. There's no way I would want my daughter growing up with him being president.

Over the past week the polls are really worrying me. The ABC News poll last Tuesday had Hillary leading by 12 points, and now it has Trump leading by 1 point. That is quite the swing over just one week. I'm hoping things will swing back the other way, but we're running out of time, and things might only get worse if Wikileaks keeps dumping emails. Personally I'd be fine with Hillary getting impeached if she actually broke the law and having Kaine or someone be president instead.

Normally I'd be the type to vote independent when this happens, but this situation isn't typical, and the two leading independents aren't any good either. What a crap sandwich we're forcing down.

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

You must love the mainstream media tv shows over the last several decades. :) But how the writers and makers of those act isn't the same as what they write/produce to entertain with.

3. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Thats so backwards its scary?

You wouldnt want your daughter to be raised under the president that is pro family?

Unless you want her to be promiscuous at an early age youd better hope we dont get another 4-8 years of Hillary and what is essentially becoming a polygamous society where kids are hyper-sexualized by 10 years old.

4. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

You know, last week when Clinton was far ahead in the polls I was worried that people who are leaning toward Hillary might become complacent and not bother showing up. I think this jolt is exactly what these people needed. Macduke, as long as people like you show up to the polls in a week then she will do just fine. As for the ABC/WaPo poll, there's no such thing as an 11 point swing in one week. That poll was an outlier a week ago when it showed Clinton with a massive lead, and it's an outlier today as well.

5. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I think you represent a very large percentage of people voting in this election. This election is about voting against someone, not for someone. You don't like Hillary but you find Trump to be deplorable so Hillary gets your vote. If there was ever a time for a third party to rise up it feels like this is it. But the establishments on both sides and the media won't allow that. If anyone is looking for someone to blame for this terrible election look no further than the Republican and Democrat parties. The Republicans couldn't get one of their own people to beat an outsider. And the Democrats conspired to get Hillary the nomination and she's one email away from going to prison. Sad times we are living in.

6. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

The only reason people hate Trump is because the liberal media told them to. Thats it.

If instead everyone watch the The Making of Trump History Channel documentary and did some research on the guy you would realize he love the people and loves America. His heart is in the right place and he is damn near heroic.

The only reason to hate him is because the opponents told them to, and they control their mind using audios and visuals. They have direct access to their brain like a puppet on a string.

In reality there is no real reason to hate and esspecially not fear Trump. The next ten days he will deliver speech after speech fllled with reasonable ideas and people will realize there is nothing wrong with him but thats not the case for Hillary who's situation is getting worse.

So Trump wins the "worst of 2 candidates" gambit as well.

Though he's not really even bad in fact he is ideal and even freaking awesome and epic as a human being. The embodiment of the American dream. He cares about this country so much.

7. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Just curious whether you would prefer your daughter growing up with Hillary as president? Do you think she is a role model for your daughter and other young girls?

8. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

If HRC is still there after all the serious stuff the FBI looked and is looking into it, do you really think that she will be impeached? Once she's in the oval office, the process will be broken.

9. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I agree that many people dislike Trump because it's what they hear. I have been hearing a lot from mothers that they don't want their daughters to grow up with him as president. That one always makes me scratch my head. As far as role models go, I don't think POTUS ranks very high as far as influencing kids.

10. samcraig macrumors P6

I don't want my daughter's body or decisions about her body being decided by government.

So many false suppositions in your post. Truly amazing.

11. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

[​IMG]
    --- Post Merged, Nov 1, 2016 ---
    WHAT???

THATS LITERALLY WHAT HILLARY BELIEVES!! That parents shouldn't raise their own kids instead the public schools should!!

lollll!!!!

12. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

And I don't want the government to decide where my money go. I want to keep them in my wallet.
    So?

13. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

"I believe the primary role of the state is to teach, train, and raise children. Parents have a secondary role." -Hillary Rodham Clinton

ACTUAL QUOTE^

Vid making fun of that:

Lol it boggles my mind how many people dont even understand the depth of what is at stake.

But voting against Trump because they dont like his mug.

14. samcraig macrumors P6

I don't think you're as educated on the candidates as you think you are.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 1, 2016 ---
    False equivalency. I wasn't arguing anything other than what I want for my daughter.

15. jerwin macrumors 65816

There's a whole lot of meaninglessness contained within that fickle concept of being "pro family".

16. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Enough with the FUD. It won't happen. You know it. I know it. It will never be overturned but it makes for great headlines and getting out the low information voters. I say the same thing to the idiots on the right spreading the FUD about guns being taken away. It just won't happen.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

It's not FUD. But I agree it's likely not to happen. But that doesn't mean I would SUPPORT a candidate or his running mate who wanted things overturned that I don't agree with. What sense would that make?

The question was about support. I don't support those people that want to take away a woman's right to choose what happens to her body.

18. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

I think what they mean is that by 2040 whites will be a minority and they are influenced by the people who want to wipe out traditional American identity in preparation for the future.

Many people want to see the nuclear family and happiness and Disney and masculinity and the prince and princess destroyed.

And people dont even see that they see it that way. There is too much complexity. Its happening in the dark corners of peoples minds as motives. People who otherwise seem normal, but have a secret chip on their shoulder in their identity somehow. And then they all unite under that pain.

We were once just simple hunter gatherers its too much for people to keep up with anymore.

There is an assault on our identity but you have to be college educated+ to comprehend how the dynamics of everything even work and the chain reactions everything has in society.

The nation is divided. And that means there are two sides.

A lot of people dont realize they are on a side or that the things they believe are true are only true to people on their side.

Its all so complicated

The average homo sapien has noooo idea what is even going on anymore.

19. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Can you explain why? The conversation seems to be going this direction.

20. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

To someone that had a loving family it isnt.

To someone that has NOT had one... yeah sure.

But we don't pander to the unfortunate by destroying the fortunate.

In a way Hillary and Trump represent the two opposites of this. And by the symbolic relation Trump is the pro family candidate.

The goal is to get everyone to be fortunate, not take away the fortunes of the rich to make the poor feel slightly less sad.

21. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Its even scarier having Bill Clinton still walking around the White House as the First Man.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Nope, it's not.

It's funny watching you accuse people of literally not being able to think for themselves, for being brainwashed by the liberal media, when you're just as susceptible of being lead about by the nose as those you look down upon.

23. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Do you have another source? You quoted politifact which lost its journalistic integrity long ago.

Also its not just that quote, its the whole philosophy. Even your link said that is in summary the message of her book where that quote is "paraphrased" from.

The job of the government is to get a melting pot of minorities and everyone to get along in public schools to prepare for the great demographic changes of the future. Minorities with little to no income having 5 kids and white people with degrees having 1-2.

This is literally the only goal of government. To get all these people to co-exist.

They dont care about your daughter, or her identity, or her sexual chastity.

they dont care about humans growing up and developing long form anymore and having a happy family.

their goal is to indoctrinate your kids, despite your input, and brainwash them into multiculturalism.

If you want a better life than that these days you have to be able to afford private school etc.

All adults are racist remember? Old people need to go away. The new generation now! They are better than us because they are multicultural!

lol the system done got em good...

24. jerwin macrumors 65816

Those empty words don't explain why you're voting for Trump. Try again.

Why exactly are you voting for Trump? Is it because you believe in Manichaean archetypes. and are thus compelled to assign Clinton and Trump to their respective roles?

25. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

This made me laugh, how is Trump pro family? There are many good reasons to vote for Trump, but family values are definitely not one IMO.