Price Advice Reassurance on my 13' 2013 rMbp 2.6, 8gb, 256gb

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Alag28, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Alag28 macrumors 6502

So i picked up this machine for $1220 retails for $1700 to replace my first gen 06' macbook.

With product timing, pricing, and other misc variables that affects the purchase.. Is this purchase highly justifiable, meh, or shoulda waited.

My main purposes using the machine is browsing, music, iphone backups, iphoto and netflix really lol

Would like a slew of opinions. Thanks

2. wmitch macrumors regular

wmitch

That sounds like a really good price but can you tell us if it's New/used/refurb and what your return options are on it if you change your mind?

Personally for that kind of savings, i wouldn't mind having a previous gen machine though.

3. Alag28 thread starter macrumors 6502

Off of ebay used

4. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

That's an exceptional price for a 13 foot laptop.

5. StockDC2 macrumors regular

Pretty good price for the i5. I would expect to see many more at that price once the new gens are released.

6. mattbaar26 macrumors regular

A good deal but way overpowered for what you will be using it for, I would suggest an 8gb air.

7. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Nothing wrong with futureproofing. Even with casual use, simple gaming and Internet browsing, the benefits of Flash storage and a Retina screen will be seen. If you buy the bare minimum to suit your current needs, there's always the risk that it won't suffice in a few years' time.

I applaud the OP's choice.

8. mattbaar26 macrumors regular

That is why I said an 8 gb Air. Also, the air has flash storage as well and is more portable. The retina screen is nice but OP could save a few hundred and get an air instead.

9. Alag28 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks guys for your opinions. so most, i think everyone agrees that the deal was a superb one. Yes an air would have sufficed, but MAN the retina looks f'in great...my eyes deserve a treat too ya kno' ...other than looking at my girlfriend lol.