Rebellion is coming in the USA

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Hieveryone, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68040

2. simsaladimbamba

Luckily the guns and assault rifles of the citizens are no match to the tanks and gunships of the new service army, or so-called police, thus that rebellion will be quick and painless. Or not.

3. Michael Goff, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014

Michael Goff macrumors G5

Michael Goff

George HW Bush hit a low of 29, Carter had 28, Reagan hit a low of 35. Obama has hit a low of 38 at one point. Right now, according to what I'm reading, he's not at that. So ... were people calling for rebellion at those times? How about when Truman had an approval rating of 22?

As for Jindal, I'd say the real question is if this should say anything about whether or not he should run for president in 2016.

4. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

5. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

LOL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_approval_rating#Historical_comparison

President Obama's lowest approval rating (38%) is the highest low by any President since Kennedy.

Furthermore, President Obama's current approval (41%) is higher than his lowest 3 years ago in August 2011 (38%).

Now, Congress, on the other hand... their approval rating is currently 12%.

Most people who blame Obama for all their lives problems are misdirecting their anger at the wrong person.

6. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I'm sure most police and military wouldn't fight against US civilians. Our government wouldn't stand a chance.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Is this the same Bobby Jindal who warned the Republicans about becoming the party of stupid?

8. Michael Goff macrumors G5

Michael Goff

You really think our government wouldn't fight open rebellion? The instant a guy shot a police officer or a soldier, all bets would be off. Those people would be dead.

9. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

An assertion, not a question...right?

In my humble opinion, with all due respect, no insult intended...this is total horse pucky!

Anyone making book...I'll take any odds offered....

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I certainly hope not.

Civil war would not be pretty.

I shudder to even think what would happen to this country.

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

No.. this is the same Bobby Jindal that made a fool of himself by ridiculing Obama for spending money on geological and volcanic research during the Republican response to the SOTU address…

less than 8 hours afterward, Mt. Redoubt in Anchorage erupted, disrupting all flights from the US West Coast to Asia, costing us millions in interstate and international commerce from all of the flight delays.

BL.

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Rebellion of the type Jindal is talking about is wishful thinking on his part and/or pandering to the churchies. Maybe he'd like a country run on religious principles, seized by armed rebels...but wouldn't it just be easier to move to northern Iraq?

Expect to hear more talk like Jindal's about Obama being "the most radically, extremely liberal, ideological president of our entire lifetime." That's pretty much boilerplate bull the right aims at any politician who relies on thought and reason rather than God talking to him.

Truly, if people want to rebel over something, why don't they do it over the way the right is transferring all their wealth upward? That and climate change are the defining issues of our time.

(I'd like to see an armed mob overthrow climate change!)

14. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

well geeze, Jindal's presidential campaign has NOT been going well and he has to do something soon or face up to the fact that he's finished before the race even starts :p

15. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Yup. On the sliding scale between the left and right, I'd say that Obama is only slightly more liberal than Nixon.

The problem isn't that a sudden upsurge in leftist agendas. It's that the system has slung so far to the right, those who used to sit in the middle are now considered extremists by the new standard.

You nailed it. If you can't win voters with your intelligent policies and solid plans for the future, then "EVERYTHING YOU KNOW AND LOVE IS IN DANGER! APPLE PIE! 4TH OF JULY! THEY'RE COMING TO TAKE IT ALL AWAY! VOTE FOR ME".

16. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I'm talking about a civil war. Not just a group of rebellious idiots.

17. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Any of you yanks able to give me a timeframe on this? Wife and I were just booking a holiday around Christmas and this would be frightfully inconvenient...

18. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Yanks? It's going to happen christmas. You should stay put.

19. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Hey...don't be a wimp!

You pays your money, and you takes your chance.

I have to live here all the time...why should you get off the hook!:mad:

;) :D;)

20. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

21. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    It's not gonna happen. The country has been saddled with demagogues and jackasses practically since it's inception. What we're going through now is no more divisive than The Great Depression, Prohibition, the Red Scare and McCarthyism, the Vietnam War, or any of the other bad ideas and terrible things that have been foisted upon us over the last 100 years.

I doubt half the country is gonna rise up to kill the other half over our first black president and his healthcare plan, no matter how scary his opponents make them both out to be.

22. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Sounds like a right wing wet dream to me. Not happening. Most of the people who would support a "rebellion" probably can't even lift their fat asses out of their roscoe scooters. These "take back our country" militias highly overestimate the amount of national support they have. They're more of a national joke.

23. 0007776 Suspended

Every state has representation in the government and the right to vote to replace that representation if they so choose, so if they were to do something stupid like that it would be far more closely related to 1861 than 1776.

I would say if anyone is inspired by this to commit acts of violence then we should make sure we follow the constitution and charge Jindal with treason.

24. Michael Goff macrumors G5

Michael Goff

And you think this somehow changes whether or not trained soldiers and police officers would fire on them? They'd still be enemy combatants.

25. BJonson macrumors 6502a

BJonson

Civil war is never good. Take a look at Somolia. This is the same road.

PRE-Civil War in the 60's

[​IMG]

Somolia in the 90's

[​IMG]