Receive notifications for updates of apps that I want

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by sammy.d, Mar 18, 2014.

1. sammy.d macrumors regular

Hi,
    I am trying to find an app for my iPad that I can use for Uni (something to handwrite notes, annotate pdfs etc). I have my eye on a few but unfortunately none of them are full-featured in my eyes. I have seen all the features I want, just not together in the one app. I'm sure one of them will soon release an update with the whole feature set and I will buy the first app to do so. However, I don't want to buy a few apps just to be ready for that day. Is it possible to receive notifications when an update is released for an app that I have my eye on? Just like iTunes notifies of updates for apps I have already purchased, but I won't have purchased these apps I have my eye on...

I hope that makes sense... Basically when I receive a notification that tells me there is an update to one of the apps and it now sports the full feature set, I will buy it :)

2. diman1881 macrumors newbie

I just started a thread that may help you under iPad. Looking for recommendations on best note taking app and stylus combos (the combo makes a huge difference on "readability" of some of the notes).

3. lexvo macrumors 65816

On the iPhone, there is the Appshopper social app in which you can set notifications for updates. I think there will be a similar app for the iPad (I still have the old Appshopper for iPad but I don't see it in the App Store )

4. kingalien macrumors regular

kingalien

As mentioned, AppShopper.com will do what you need. Sign up for an account, find the apps you are interested in, click on "Want It" and you will be notified via email of updates and price changes. If using their app you can receive notifications on your device in addition to the email.