Received 2 iphones.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Legionnaire, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Legionnaire macrumors 6502

Who here has 2 iphones, 1 from canceled order and 1 from store? I got a $200 charge on CC for the canceled iphone and that is all i have heard about this. what about you guys?

2. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

What are you asking? Your post doesn't make any sense.

3. ap3604, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011

ap3604 macrumors 68000

2 phones with 1 upgrade is an amazing deal and macrumors members on the forum should congratulate you if you pull this off. I sure will :)

4. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Congrats OP. I hope you're in need for cash...or else find a way to use it to help someone who needs help.

5. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

What??? It's a phone!

6. Legionnaire thread starter macrumors 6502

Giving it to my friend. she is nice and cant afford 4s. but i am waiting til i know i wont get charged, whats a good period? 1-2months you suppose?

7. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

If your friend can't afford an iphone 4s now how can she afford to pay for plan? Are you going to pay for it too?

8. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Maybe she has an old smartphone that is outdated or
    Maybe her current phone is broke?

9. rulers macrumors newbie

10. Legionnaire thread starter macrumors 6502

^^ ding ding ding, he phone is broke, dropped it, screen cracked camera wont work and when she talks into sounds like drowning. was going to sell it, then it happend to hers the day before i got my phone. she wants it, after i told her about it. but i want to make sure its safe, but yeah, ive read about last year peoplegetting same thing that happend to me, and keeping them. hopefully same happens to me, I can afford the 500 fee if it happens, i just dont want to. if it happens, i wont be happy, but my bank account can support it. so not to worried. but if i do get charged soon i will send it back.

eh, lol =\

11. DroidRules macrumors 65816

I think you're probably just seeking attention but hey I'll bite.....

What your doing is called stealing. If you keep something you haven't paid for, that's what it is. Giving it to your "friend" is causing her to be a theif also. You should stop trying to get something for nothing and call your provider and promptly return the phone. IF not, I hope they hit you up for a full priced phone and after enough time (most likely 30 days) you won't be able to return it.

12. Legionnaire thread starter macrumors 6502

I did pay, $200. i dont see how you people call it stealing. =\

13. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

One of your phones should have been $199 and the other should have been $599. Later, the system might catch up and bill you accordingly.

14. sanford macrumors 65816

What he (or she) said. I once knew a guy who got a whole $4,000 Mac for free because Amex never billed him for it. This was in 1989, when carbon charge chits could get lost. It rarely happens these days. Sometimes it takes Verizon FiOS a day to clear my online bank transfer payment, sometimes it takes them 10 days. But it always clears. They'll charge you for it.

15. wpotere Guest

Because you didn't pay for it and you have mde no attempts to contact the carrier to resolve it. Keeping goods that you know you didn't pay for even if the shipping was a mistake is stealing. Send it back to where it came from.

16. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

No it's not stealing. It's dishonest, uncouth, in-genuine. But not stealing.

17. LouisLivesLife macrumors regular

LouisLivesLife

18. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

This topic again....What a buzz kill, he's trying to get laid.

Seriously, I would have returned it and got my $199+taxes back.

19. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

There was a thread about this a few days ago in which you fully explained your situation. Why start a new one unless you just want to brag :confused:

20. Legionnaire thread starter macrumors 6502

Because theres other people with same situation, i want to start a giant network and see if anyone gets charged full retail. more info the better. for them and me

21. knoxtown macrumors 6502

At some point, you WILL be charged full price. I absolutely guarantee it. Have fun being a criminal while you can.

22. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

dang! I wish you were my best friend! Maybe I should point out there would be no benefit to you if you know what I mean.

After reading the thread in its entirety I still don't get how people say it's stealing. Did he not pay $200 for it? If the process of paying $200 for something is stealing then put me down in the category because I do go into the store, pay for my purchase, and walk out. It's more like double dipping into the communal salsa or cheese spread or taking a heap of the stuff and obviously frowned upon but stealing? Come on!!

23. wpotere Guest

You are very wrong.... Knowingly keeping property that does not belong to you with the intention of never returning it is stealing. Color it how you want but that is what it is.

24. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

That's cool. I wish I received 2 iPhones...but I have a droid :O

25. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

Taking something without someone knowing and not paying for it is stealing. He paid $200. So he got lucky getting two phone for $200 each so I don't see where stealing is coming from. There was obviously something wrong with the system that allowed him to get two phones but saying he stole it is a bit of a stretch don't you think?