Received my 2 new Joli Originals leather sleeves for my iPhone 7 Plus today.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MCube74, Oct 7, 2016.

1. MCube74, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016

MCube74 macrumors 6502a

Last week I received my iPhone 7 Plus 256gb (Jet Black). Just like last year (iPhone 6s Plus) I plan not to use a case for my new phone. Instead, I installed a 3M film for the full body to protect against scratches. Something like the Dbrand film but clear film which makes it look like nothing is installed.

This will also help not hide the Jet Black color.

Anyway, I received my 2 new Leather Sleeves from Joli Originals.

I just love their penalization. They really make their customers feel that they made the sleeves for them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can't wait to use them.

This is what I got last year from them for my iPhone 6s Plus 128gb (Space Gray)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I have 3 of their sleeves.

1) Grey Smooth with red felt
    2) Black Textured with red felt
    3) light brown with aqua felt

The grey and black sleeves I plan to use during the working days. The brown sleeve I plan to use in the weekends. Unless I am off to a formal gathering in the weekends, then I can choose one of the other 2.

2. Winryito macrumors regular

Winryito

Looks good, I ordered from them too. How fast did they ship out your order? And how long did shipping take?

Is the fit right? I also have a skin wrap on my phone and I am worried about the skin peeling if I am taking it on and off too much with a tight fit.

3. MCube74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

You have to give it time at first. Insert and remove it slowly. Remember not to pull the phone out.

First push up from the bottom to get the phone out a bit and then hold the phone from the sides and pull out slowly. You should be fine.

4. Winryito macrumors regular

Winryito

Thanks for the response. How long did it take for them to ship out your order?

5. MCube74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

As I know from experience, they take 4 to 8 business days to ship out the orders. They sent my order on Thursday and I received it today (Saturday). They sent by FedEx.

Really like their leather sleeves. I am sure you will also like them. Which one did you order?

6. Winryito macrumors regular

Winryito

I think I ordered grey with red lining :) I am definitely looking forward to them, thanks for the review.

7. MCube74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That is what I got last year and I am still using it. Amazing sleeve. They have a limited edition one which was also nice but the lead time was a bit long for me to wait and I am the impatient type.

8. MCube74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried both the sleeves over the weekend and obviously since they are both new, they were tight at first but I am sure after a couple of days, they will get more loose. Just the sleeve last year.

The textured black leather has an interesting feel. Kind of gives a better grip when I hold the sleeve.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like the feel of the smooth sleeve like the grey one bought last year. The light brown one is also smooth leather. Both are nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. oldcelt macrumors 6502

Hi. I have used Joli cases for my last 3 phones and I love them. Ordered the grey/black for my iPhone 7 plus before my phone arrived. Love it. As mentioned it takes a few days to soften but you wouldn't want it to be too loose!!!!!!

10. Smithwicks macrumors 6502

Any issues with the phone turning off when you put it back into the sleeve? It's happening with my sena ultraslim, which I hope will resolve itself after it loosens up a bit.

11. MCube74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, issues as such. i have been using my old grey sleeve and my 2 new sleeves continuously without any problems.

Looks like the Sena sleeve is a very tight fit.

12. markol macrumors member

What's that skin you have on your JB 7+?

13. MCube74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It is a clear skin (dry install) like the Dbrand ones. I am in Hong Kong and there is one shop who installs these film for me.

14. MCube74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Glad it is the weekend. Time to switch my sleeve for 2 days.

[​IMG]

15. Winryito macrumors regular

Winryito

Still have not gotten a shipped email, probably too busy ;< only been 5 business days I suppose.

16. MCube74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

You should have yours shipped on Monday I guess.

17. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

I have a Sena sleeve, I got it for my iP6 and it was very tight but after a bit of use it was just right.

I'm now using it with my iP7 with no problems. It is tight but just the right amount of tightness that it wouldn't fall out.

To get it from too tight to just right I charged the phone a couple of times while in the case, the heat from the phone was enough to help it stretch that little bit that was needed. A lesson I learned from my wife, she does it with her shoes.

18. MCube74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nice tip.

19. Winryito macrumors regular

Winryito

Still have not received a shipping notification. Been 8 business days :(

20. MCube74 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Seems the gry sleeves hqve a lead time of 3 to 4 weeks

You need to write to them to get more info. The ones I ordered didn't have this problem.