Received my 2 new Joli Originals leather sleeves for my iPhone 7 Plus today.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
Last week I received my iPhone 7 Plus 256gb (Jet Black). Just like last year (iPhone 6s Plus) I plan not to use a case for my new phone. Instead, I installed a 3M film for the full body to protect against scratches. Something like the Dbrand film but clear film which makes it look like nothing is installed.

This will also help not hide the Jet Black color.

Anyway, I received my 2 new Leather Sleeves from Joli Originals.

I just love their penalization. They really make their customers feel that they made the sleeves for them.

Can't wait to use them.

This is what I got last year from them for my iPhone 6s Plus 128gb (Space Gray)

Now I have 3 of their sleeves.

1) Grey Smooth with red felt
2) Black Textured with red felt
3) light brown with aqua felt

The grey and black sleeves I plan to use during the working days. The brown sleeve I plan to use in the weekends. Unless I am off to a formal gathering in the weekends, then I can choose one of the other 2.

Last edited:

Winryito

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2015
Looks good, I ordered from them too. How fast did they ship out your order? And how long did shipping take?

Is the fit right? I also have a skin wrap on my phone and I am worried about the skin peeling if I am taking it on and off too much with a tight fit.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
You have to give it time at first. Insert and remove it slowly. Remember not to pull the phone out.

First push up from the bottom to get the phone out a bit and then hold the phone from the sides and pull out slowly. You should be fine.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

Winryito

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2015
Thanks for the response. How long did it take for them to ship out your order?

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
Thanks for the response. How long did it take for them to ship out your order?
As I know from experience, they take 4 to 8 business days to ship out the orders. They sent my order on Thursday and I received it today (Saturday). They sent by FedEx.

Really like their leather sleeves. I am sure you will also like them. Which one did you order?

Winryito

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2015
As I know from experience, they take 4 to 8 business days to ship out the orders. They sent my order on Thursday and I received it today (Saturday). They sent by FedEx.

Really like their leather sleeves. I am sure you will also like them. Which one did you order?
I think I ordered grey with red lining :) I am definitely looking forward to them, thanks for the review.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
I think I ordered grey with red lining :) I am definitely looking forward to them, thanks for the review.
That is what I got last year and I am still using it. Amazing sleeve. They have a limited edition one which was also nice but the lead time was a bit long for me to wait and I am the impatient type.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
Is the fit right? I also have a skin wrap on my phone and I am worried about the skin peeling if I am taking it on and off too much with a tight fit.

I tried both the sleeves over the weekend and obviously since they are both new, they were tight at first but I am sure after a couple of days, they will get more loose. Just the sleeve last year.

The textured black leather has an interesting feel. Kind of gives a better grip when I hold the sleeve.

I like the feel of the smooth sleeve like the grey one bought last year. The light brown one is also smooth leather. Both are nice.

Reactions: powerocool

oldcelt

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2011
UK
Hi. I have used Joli cases for my last 3 phones and I love them. Ordered the grey/black for my iPhone 7 plus before my phone arrived. Love it. As mentioned it takes a few days to soften but you wouldn't want it to be too loose!!!!!!

Smithwicks

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2011
Any issues with the phone turning off when you put it back into the sleeve? It's happening with my sena ultraslim, which I hope will resolve itself after it loosens up a bit.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
Any issues with the phone turning off when you put it back into the sleeve? It's happening with my sena ultraslim, which I hope will resolve itself after it loosens up a bit.
No, issues as such. i have been using my old grey sleeve and my 2 new sleeves continuously without any problems.

Looks like the Sena sleeve is a very tight fit.

markol

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
I tried both the sleeves over the weekend and obviously since they are both new, they were tight at first but I am sure after a couple of days, they will get more loose. Just the sleeve last year.

The textured black leather has an interesting feel. Kind of gives a better grip when I hold the sleeve.

I like the feel of the smooth sleeve like the grey one bought last year. The light brown one is also smooth leather. Both are nice.

What's that skin you have on your JB 7+?

Winryito

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2015
Still have not gotten a shipped email, probably too busy ;< only been 5 business days I suppose.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
No, issues as such. i have been using my old grey sleeve and my 2 new sleeves continuously without any problems.

Looks like the Sena sleeve is a very tight fit.
I have a Sena sleeve, I got it for my iP6 and it was very tight but after a bit of use it was just right.

I'm now using it with my iP7 with no problems. It is tight but just the right amount of tightness that it wouldn't fall out.

To get it from too tight to just right I charged the phone a couple of times while in the case, the heat from the phone was enough to help it stretch that little bit that was needed. A lesson I learned from my wife, she does it with her shoes.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
To get it from too tight to just right I charged the phone a couple of times while in the case, the heat from the phone was enough to help it stretch that little bit that was needed. A lesson I learned from my wife, she does it with her shoes.
Nice tip.