Recent destinations from years ago keep reappearing for the past 4 years

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TrevorR90, Jun 1, 2017.

1. TrevorR90 macrumors newbie

I've had this weird issue that has been occurring for the past almost 4 years. So 4 years ago I deleted all the recent destinations in my maps app. Every couple weeks the same 10 destinations keep reappearing and I keep deleting them. I've been doing this every couple weeks for the past 4 years and it is getting really old. Last week I deleted the destinations that I visited a couple weeks ago and then today those 10 destinations from 4 years ago just reappeared.... No other destinations get added.

Here's the neat part. Its the same 10 destinations that I've visited 4 years ago, no other destination since then gets added. The list doesn't change. I know which 10 will reappear after I delete them.

Now normally this didn't really bother me as I just kept deleting but I've been dating my Girlfriend for 3 years and 4 years ago I was dating a couple other people. Those destinations of the previous g/f's keep popping up on my map and my girlfriend likes to take my phone every once in a while to see where I've gone and she knows of the other girls and questioned why they were on my recent destination... I had to explain that they keep reappearing despite deleting them from the recent's list and now shes suspicious....

So does anyone have any experience with this and can help me resolve this once and for all?

2. MC6800 macrumors 6502

Are you possibly syncing with a Mac? I see that these recent locations can be edited in the Mac Maps app too, and may be being synced back to the iPhone. (see its Search-box magnifier icon > Favorites > Recents)

What type are they? (directions, pin, search...)

3. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben