Recipe for Revolution

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stubeeef, Sep 27, 2011.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Well Obama sure has been in NC much of late. And of course the D convention is to be in Charlotte NC in 2012.
    So what does the Democratic Gov of NC have to say about our next elections? Maybe we should suspend them!!!!!
    WTF
    Ya you heard correctly, suspend 235 years of representative government!
    So, looking at probability of losing the Senate, the Presidency, and conservative increases in the House we get this suggestion. Scary stuff, scares the crap out of me. So will the present administration planning its transformation to dictatorship?
    http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011...al-elections/UPI-85791317158215/?spt=hs&or=tn

2. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Which? The OP, or the governor's comment?

3. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

OP. The gov's comment is stupid, but the OP is Fudding it up.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

How so? Even if she wasn't serious, it was an incredibly stupid thing to say.

www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/09/27/...l-elections/UPI-85791317158215/#ixzz1ZDDNWGkB

5. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Yeah we agree it was stupid to say. But OP is jumping from a congresswoman saying something stupid and not possible (and perhaps not even serious) to suggesting that the executive branch is planning a transformation into a dictatorship.

We can talk about how messed up it is that she would even joke about that, but it hardly suggests a conspiracy in another branch of government.

6. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Beginning a Democratic reign of terror by proposing to suspend congressional elections while the GOP controls the House and the Democrats fall well short of sixty seats in the Senate would indeed be a damned stupid thing to suggest.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

So if the Democrats controlled the House and Senate it would be a good thing to suggest?:p

8. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

I didn't say anything about the morality of it. I merely said it's a stupid notion.

9. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

I'll reserve comment until viewing The Daily Show's coverage of said kerfuffle.

10. KingCrimson macrumors 65816

So regarding the Wall Street protests - what are they protesting?:eek:

11. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Ladies and germs, I think this comment earns a special commendation:
    [​IMG]

On second thought, we should give this award for Governor I-Need-To-Reread-Article-1-Again.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yep- sad thing is that the OP used to be a good person to talk to about such things. Now he's a partisan hack. What a shame. He would now vote against his neighbor's civil rights in order to get what he thinks he wants, which is what? The Republicans have failed on every economic policy they've put forth. Never once have their policies succeeded.

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

From the governor's press secretary:

Still, the governor might want to follow the same rule we use in internet forums like this one: if it isn't absolutely, positively clear that you're not being serious, then say so.

I'm sending her a ping pong paddle with a winkie smiley glued to one side, and a "roll eyes" face glued to the other, so she can hold one of them up when she makes comments like that.

14. KingCrimson macrumors 65816

Still it reveals the innate fascist tendencies of Democrats.:D

15. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

I suppose this is yet another sign of America's widening irony gap...

16. 184550 Guest

I've got to say, I'm very impressed that no one made the assumption that we had a Republican Governor. :)