Recommendations for a color laser all-in-one that networks and works well with Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jclin10, Dec 24, 2009.

1. jclin10 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a color laser all-in-one for a home office network (I have wireless, but will likely use ethernet as I know that all-in-ones can have trouble with wireless networks or with AEBS). Price is not an issue. I basically need it to be really, really reliable and it has to play well with Macs on a network (I had an old HP Laserjet 3052 that printed, but wouldn't scan over a network and the software was horrible). Preferably something that works with the Snow Leopard provided drivers.

Any recommendations on brands/models I should be looking for?

Thanks!

John

2. eji macrumors 6502

eji

I'd like to echo the question, as I've got more or less the same needs.

And without hijacking the OP's thread, I'd also like to know if any of the recommended printers also have high-quality photo prints.

3. flynz4 macrumors 68040

Color laser printers are generally substandard for photos. For everything else... they are great. I send my prints out for printing when I (infrequently) need them.

/Jim

4. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Although I agree, you don't get perfect prints as you will from a photo center, some color lasers do print very NICE looking photos. I have a Dell CN3100 and damn it prints darn close to perfect that I use it for proofs and for my kids school projects. But for EVERYTHING else, they are far and above any inkjet.

For actual photos, I upload to Costco and pick them up in an hour.