Recommended Monitor Color Calibration Equipment?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by JustinG87, Feb 12, 2011.

1. JustinG87 macrumors member

JustinG87

Does any one have any monitor color calibration equipment they'd recommend? From Pantone to to Spyder to LaCie there are multiple options out there and I'd like to hear what other designers prefer and have found to be the most accurate themselves. I'd prefer to keep the price down if possible, but my monitor calibration has gotten so far off the mark that I really do need to have it calibrated now. Thanks for any help or opinions you can provide!

2. manueld macrumors 6502

You might want to post your question to the Design & Graphics section rather than the web development section. I sometimes wish that monitors we're calibrated more properly out of the box just to make design on the web much easier. It's just another one of those things you almost always have to account for when dealing with clients that makes me want to bang my head on desk sometimes.

3. Padaung macrumors 6502

Padaung

Have a look here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1052637

And follow the links on that thread if you want even more info.

The Spyder 3 Pro is excellent if all you need to do is calibrate your screen. There are cheaper alternatives, but I would recommend not to bother with them.