Record? 2 perfect iPhone 5 in a row...

POLBOSS

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
Another good story bro...
On September 25 I went to pick up an iPhone 5, I told the Apple employee that I would be checking my new AT&T white 16GB iPhone 5 for a good 10 minutes before deciding if that was an acceptable iPhone 5 or not... After checking everything 4 or 5 times... Not a single defect...

Fast forward to today, I went to pick a second iPhone 5, same configuration as before, same routine checking it... And... Perfect... Not even a single little scratch... Just perfect...

Last edited:

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
On October 25 I went to pick up an iPhone 5, I told the Apple employee that I would be checking my new AT&T white 16GB iPhone 5 for a good 10 minutes before deciding if that was an acceptable iPhone 5 or not... After checking everything 4 or 5 times... Not a single defect...

Fast forward to today, I went to pick a second iPhone 5, same configuration as before, same routine checking it... And... Perfect... Not even a single little scratch... Just perfect...
Happy for you mine is perfect too. I wish that I could travel 3 weeks into the future though! Are there more iphones available in 3 weeks my time?

reclusive46

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2011
Canada
To be honest, we had 4 iPhones for the family on launch day, not one defect. Thought mine had a scratch on the back but it was just some dirt that rubbed off with some iKlear.

bushman4

macrumors 68030
Mar 22, 2011
Obviously Apple has addressed the QC issue and we will be seeing less of these scratched IPHONES

viper3885

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
On September 25 I went to pick up an iPhone 5, I told the Apple employee that I would be checking my new AT&T white 16GB iPhone 5 for a good 10 minutes before deciding if that was an acceptable iPhone 5 or not... After checking everything 4 or 5 times... Not a single defect...

Nice to hear good stories. I'm in the same boat. I ordered a 16gb black for my wife and a 32gb black for myself from Apple's site. Got them both on launch day and they were both perfect.

CBR900RR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2008
Middle of Pacific
The OP had 2 perfect white ip5, I thought the problem is with the black ip5. BTW my 64gig white is perfect too.

Record? 2 perfect iPhone 5 in a row...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
I have never had a physical defect on any of my Apple purchases from 2 iMac, 5 MacBook Pros, about a dozen iPods, and 6 iPhones. Either I am not picky enough or I am the luckiest man alive.

Glad to hear yours is perfect - as is mine.

apierrec

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2012
I have never had a physical defect on any of my Apple purchases from 2 iMac, 5 MacBook Pros, about a dozen iPods, and 6 iPhones. Either I am not picky enough or I am the luckiest man alive.

Glad to hear yours is perfect - as is mine.
Same here with my MacBook, iPods, older iPhones, the new iPad and this iP5 purchases ... *knocking on wood*

They all still works!

Am not as lucky with dumb phones Nokia, ugly Samsung, RAZR Motorola - Sony VAIO and HP laptops, Dell desktop blah blah ....

BlueGoldAce

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Had a perfect black one launch day, traded it for a perfect white one. Had to swap out the white one (because of a sim problem on sprints side), and got another perfect white on. All from apple or the apple store

NedFlanders

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2011
My phone was delivered a few days ago - it is flawless. I took it into a dealer to swap the SIMs between my two accounts and the girl behind the counter was jealous because mine does not rattle like she said hers does?

I upgraded from a 4 and I really like everything about it. I gave the 4 to my wife who was moving from and old Samsung sliding keyboard type phone so she is very happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.