record from iPhone speakers

buzzzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2012
hi,

anyone knows about an app or tweak that allows to record what comes out of the iPhone speakers? preferably in good quality

thanks

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
What do you want to record and you want to record something you're playing from the iPhone?

I don't think the output through one speaker is true stereo so you're stuck with however it sounds. I think.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
But it sounds like he wants to take the recorded conversation FROM the iPhone to something else. There is a good voice memo app that people favor called Audio Memo I think. Check it out in the App store. This will record on the iPhone, getting it from there to something else is another story.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
But it sounds like he wants to take the recorded conversation FROM the iPhone to something else. There is a good voice memo app that people favor called Audio Memo I think. Check it out in the App store. This will record on the iPhone, getting it from there to something else is another story.
I wonder if you can share whatever you record and then email it. I know you can share things you record w/ the native app, but it only records what you say, not others.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
anyone knows about an app or tweak that allows to record what comes out of the iPhone speakers? preferably in good quality
The latter contradicts the former. If you want good audio quality then don't record the output of the speakers.

buzzzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2012
I was actually aiming to record from an audio streaming app, not a phone call

burnside

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
I've done this with TotalRecorder. Just connect your iPhone to your computer's line-in. I've done this to record ringtones and other audio from the iPhone.

buzzzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2012
I've done this with TotalRecorder. Just connect your iPhone to your computer's line-in. I've done this to record ringtones and other audio from the iPhone.
sounds like what I need!
which edition did u use?
and how did u make your iPhone as an input line to the computer?