record from iPhone speakers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by buzzzz, Aug 28, 2012.

1. buzzzz macrumors newbie

hi,

anyone knows about an app or tweak that allows to record what comes out of the iPhone speakers? preferably in good quality

thanks

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

What do you want to record and you want to record something you're playing from the iPhone?

I don't think the output through one speaker is true stereo so you're stuck with however it sounds. I think.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

sounds like he wants to record a conversation. I'm sure there is an app for that.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

But it sounds like he wants to take the recorded conversation FROM the iPhone to something else. There is a good voice memo app that people favor called Audio Memo I think. Check it out in the App store. This will record on the iPhone, getting it from there to something else is another story.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I wonder if you can share whatever you record and then email it. I know you can share things you record w/ the native app, but it only records what you say, not others.

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

The latter contradicts the former. If you want good audio quality then don't record the output of the speakers.

7. buzzzz thread starter macrumors newbie

I was actually aiming to record from an audio streaming app, not a phone call

8. burnside macrumors 6502

I've done this with TotalRecorder. Just connect your iPhone to your computer's line-in. I've done this to record ringtones and other audio from the iPhone.

9. kaielement macrumors 65816

Sounds like someone is trying to get free music.... lol lol lol... Or I could be wrong

10. buzzzz thread starter macrumors newbie

sounds like what I need!
    which edition did u use?
    and how did u make your iPhone as an input line to the computer?