Recording iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple2000, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Apple2000 macrumors member

For a project, I need to record some iPhone gameplay.

My setup is this:

iPhone --> Apple 30 Pin to HDMI Adapter --> HDMI cable into HDMI to Component video adapter --> Component Cable into Component Amp --> Component out into TV AND Component out into EyeTV HD --> EyeTV HD into iMac.

I am getting picture of the IOS screen footage on the TV, However the EYETV Screen on my computer keeps saying "switching to 1080p60fps" repeatedly and does not show picture.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot for the help.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Are you jailbroken? There is a simple cydia app for recording whatever you are doing on your iPhone called "Display Recorder".

3. Apple2000 thread starter macrumors member

I am not jail broken.

I was under the impression that I did not need to be, though? That this setup I have going with the EyeTV HD Works?

If I do decide to Jailbreak, How does The display recorder app work? Can the iPhone Handle running smoothly and recording at the same time? And are the videos saved onto the phone?

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I was asking if you were jailbroken because that App will record everything directly on your phone which you can then export like you would a video that you recorded on your phone. I have no experience recording any other way, since I never really had to. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

5. Apple2000 thread starter macrumors member

Ok, thanks.

Do you know if the App is capable of recording without a slowdown in the phone while recording or video?

If so, that would be great

Thanks

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I haven't had issues. I suppose it would depend on what you are recording. I have played around with simple games like cut the rope and such. Nothing too 3D intensive. If you have something in mind that I can download for free I can try it out.

If you have a mac, you could also try something like this.

7. Apple2000 thread starter macrumors member

I tried the reflection app, but the lag when recording gets very severe which is an issue.

Does anybody know how to get my wired setup working?