Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roxics

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 4, 2013
So when I got my new iphone 6 I did a restore backup from my old 5C using iTunes. But my old voicemail didn't transfer.

I have saved voicemails on my 5C from about a year ago. So I have a lot of them. Is there a way to get them back and working on my iPhone 6?

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
you can send the message to yourself, though I'm not sure how it saves it?

mlsusa

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Interesting. Who's your carrier? I'm with AT&T and the voicemails are stored on their side. I don't know if this is carrier specific. When I set up my new 6, whether it was a restore from backup or set up as new device, the most recent voicemails were there.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
So when I got my new iphone 6 I did a restore backup from my old 5C using iTunes. But my old voicemail didn't transfer.

I have saved voicemails on my 5C from about a year ago. So I have a lot of them. Is there a way to get them back and working on my iPhone 6?

Call your carrier and see if they can help. I'm with ATT and mine transferred to new phone easily.

roxics

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 4, 2013
I'm also with AT&T and all the old voicemails are gone.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
interesting I am with ROgers(Canada) and my voicemails are on their end so I can listen to them from any cell phone or land line in the world, not sure how its phone related in your case

roxics

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 4, 2013
The oldest voicemail on my 5C dates back to Sep 3, 2013.
The oldest voicemail on my 6 dates back to Aug 30, 2014.

So I don't know what's up.

kaelynchris

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2015
To recover iPhone 6 Voice Memos, follow:
Connect iPhone to the computer.
Launch iTunes if it does not open automatically.
Locate your iPhone in the iTunes "Devices" list.
Right-click on the iPhone and select "Restore from Back Up." ITunes restores your phone from the back up.
Click the "Eject" button next to your iPhone in the "Devices" list.
Unplug your iPhone.
Open the Voice Memos app on your iPhone.
Click the "List" button to the right of the sound meter to open your saved voice memos.

Last edited:

Ally1421

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2015

This happened to me as well, did you ever figure it out?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
To recover iPhone 6 Voice Memos, follow:
Connect iPhone to the computer.
Launch iTunes if it does not open automatically.
Locate your iPhone in the iTunes "Devices" list.
Right-click on the iPhone and select "Restore from Back Up." ITunes restores your phone from the back up.
Click the "Eject" button next to your iPhone in the "Devices" list.
Unplug your iPhone.
Open the Voice Memos app on your iPhone.
Click the "List" button to the right of the sound meter to open your saved voice memos.
Voice Memos from the iOS app =/= voicemail from one's cellular provider

Ally1421

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2015
I have already backed up from prior phone to this one. If I choose to use previous backup again it will delete everything I've put on my phone since

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.