Recovering pictures after you were so frikkin' stupid to delete them

dimi94941

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
About 2 months ago, I deleted one photo that is very emotionally close to me... it was of a friend of mine, female friend who died and I need that specific photo and I accidentally deleted it 2 months ago...

Please, just tell me if I have the slightest chance of recovering it?

My OS is OS X Lion.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
If you deleted the file 2 months ago and presumably continued to use the Mac. Well your chances of recovering the file is about nil. Its long gone.

dimi94941

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
So there is not even 0.1% chance?

Because I may have overstated the 2 months, it could have been shorter period... but maybe they are still there, so which is THE BEST program that works wonders about this kind of stuff?

Please, please, anyone, this is really important for me.

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
So there is not even 0.1% chance?

Because I may have overstated the 2 months, it could have been shorter period... but maybe they are still there, so which is THE BEST program that works wonders about this kind of stuff?

Please, please, anyone, this is really important for me.

I really doubt there is anything you can do, but I would suggest using Time Machine in the future to prevent this.

smirk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
Orange County, CA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

That's a good question. And if the photo was in iPhoto, look inside iPhoto's trash too.