Recovering pictures and videos from a corrupt iTunes backup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Osaka23, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Osaka23, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012

Osaka23 macrumors newbie

Hey!

I am new! Long story short, I had a problems restoring my iPhone after the backup became corrupt, I rung Apple explaining my situation and problem and that it was very important I recover my pictures and videos. After 40 mins of being on the phone, the advisor said "I'm sorry I can't help you no further because iTunes does not recognise your backup so therefore you have lost everything. iTunes is not meant to be used for backing up pictures and videos." - SUCH A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!!!

After days of searching, I found a free method on recovering precious videos and pictures (without using extraction or third party software). I decided to do a video to help people who are in the same situation as I was.

http://youtu.be/2PC9BV-eOuk

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

3. Gordonpn macrumors member

Gordonpn

Nice, but how did your iTunes backup get corrupted?

4. Osaka23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, my Jailbroken 5.1.1 iPhone 4S was playing up it kept on losing signal and 3G randomly. I tried rebooting and respringing but they didn't work so in the end the only other option was to do a complete restore and remove the jailbreak (I don't think it was anything to do with it). Once iTunes finished reinstalling iOS 5.1.1 it tried restored my phone but near the end it came up with an error message saying the "file was corrupt" and I couldn't do a restore.

5. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

Hey is that a real YouTube link?

Regards,
    Tom

6. johnNYChingaz macrumors member

this should be pinned, thanks for the tutorial