Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Mook

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Boston, MA
Anyone picking this up on tuesday. Looks to be GOTY material. I will be for the PS3. if you want to roll in a posse id is Synthetic22.

ManhattanPrjct

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2008
I'll wait for the first patch by Rockstar and some reviews - but probably will go into the pipeline once the used copies start showing up.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
If it doesn't turn out to be crap, I will definitely pick it up at some point. But not before I get tired of the open world in Just Cause 2....I simply don't need two open world games to steal my time simultaneously! :)

ManhattanPrjct

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2008
If it doesn't turn out to be crap, I will definitely pick it up at some point. But not before I get tired of the open world in Just Cause 2....I simply don't need two open world games to steal my time simultaneously! :)

How many hours of gameplay do you have on JC2?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Definitely getting this! What would be more awesome than wild west GTA? :D

I'm also on PS3 so will add you when I get this (probably next week). Luckily all games are only 40€ here :p

mixel

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
Leeds, UK
I can't decide whether to rush and get the PS3 version or wait it out for the inevitable significantly better Windows version. :/

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
I can't decide whether to rush and get the PS3 version or wait it out for the inevitable significantly better Windows version. :/

Just like the GTA IV was? :D If it's that crappy (knowing that Rockstar is more interested of consoles), you really need a serious power horse! Plus you have to wait till several patches fixes all issues.

I'd get the PS3 version and sell it if it's not that nice (when is the PC version coming anyway?).

mixel

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
Leeds, UK
Just like the GTA IV was? :D If it's that crappy (knowing that Rockstar is more interested of consoles), you really need a serious power horse! Plus you have to wait till several patches fixes all issues.

I'd get the PS3 version and sell it if it's not that nice (when is the PC version coming anyway?).

I'd say the Windows version was a big improvement given the framerate increase (on my iMac compared to my PS3), the gameplay recording and double the players in each online game? I did what you suggest with GTA4, but it gets complicated once DLC starts coming out.. If I have players who like to do multiplayer on both it could get expensive.

But yeah I think I'll get the PS3 version anyway and probably buy it again for windows once it comes out, lol.

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
I'll definitely be picking this up. I really enjoyed GTA IV despite what other people thought of it, and this looks to build on that style, but in a better environment. Just holding off until June 3rd when my exams are over! :)

Nuck81

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2009
Western Kentucky
I have it preordered. I think it was delevered today since I had a missed package notice when I got home. Thats the only thing I think it could be. Oh well, guess I have to wait till tomorrow morning...

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Multiplayer was very buggy in my experience last night. People getting booted off randomly, poor connections across the board, people/guns/horses becoming invisible, NPC enemies being trapped outside the geometry, and that was just in a couple hours play. Hopefully they can get it sorted out quickly. When it worked though it was fun.

Lethal

Matthew9559

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2007
Cleveland, OH
Been playing it a bit since I got it. Fantastic game. The atmosphere is great. Seems like I will be able to waste a lot of time in the old west. It's a refreshing change.

Nuck81

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2009
Western Kentucky
The MultiPlayer is pretty disappointing. Everytime I've tried it's nothing but idiots running around shooting each other. No one wants to do the co op missions..

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
The MultiPlayer is pretty disappointing. Everytime I've tried it's nothing but idiots running around shooting each other. No one wants to do the co op missions..
Doesn't get much more american that than :D;)!

As with the other posters I'm going to hold off until the first patch and price comes down a bit. Will get the PS3 version but with my current limited funds SMG2 is ahead on the list....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.