Red pocket mobile data speeds suck.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone4champ, Jul 15, 2012.

1. iphone4champ macrumors member

For the last few days I've noticed my data speeds are horribly slow since the switch from 2g to 1gb. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this problem
    I'm on a iPhone 4 5.1.1 jailbroken

2. hydraulix macrumors newbie

I have noticed the same thing.

Speeds have been absolutely horrible.

Not only that, but half the time, my net doesn't even seem to work. I get http errors in Safari, Spotify doesn't always connect, Find my Phone NEVER works now.

I need a new provider, the new 1GB limit is complete ******** and I'd rather pay the extra $5.00 and have it back the way it was before. The service was quite good before this change. Now it's unusable. I will be switching to something else.

Any suggestions?

3. iphone4champ thread starter macrumors member

Straight Talk will be the best move for you dude data is unlimited and it's $45 a month.

4. Demonface macrumors 6502a

I've switched from Red Pocket to Straight Talk and have not regretted it thus far.

5. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

Yeah I have noticed this as well, I'll be switching to straight talk next month.

6. ecvernon macrumors newbie

me too

I thought my unlocked iphone 4s was having problems due to the jailbreak. the speeds were edge speeds or slower. When i went go to turn off airplane mode I always have to restart my phone to get data running.
    just purchased a straight talk sim for $16, hopefully they will be better

7. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

I have to constantly disable/enable data to get it to work, otherwise I get errors and nothing will load, this is really getting annoying at this point. Can't wait to try Straight Talk, from what I gather no one has any complaints with them.

8. RaphyRaph macrumors newbie

So relieved!

I'm so glad to hear this, I thought my iPhone's antenna was busted or something. ever since the switch, I'm getting no connection at all for no reason, can't do anything!

I'm going to make the switch to straight talk too and will check back in.

9. hydraulix macrumors newbie

This is actually refreshing to hear as well. I thought the same thing about my 3G radio. I will be switching soon.

Have you guys heard of NET10? It's also an unlimited provider for $45.

They are BRAND new and I don't know how much I want to gamble on a new provider.

The feedback provided here about StraightTalk is invaluable. I'll probably be changing over to them by the end of the month.

----------

Also, I forgot to ask,

What are you average data speeds on Straight Talk? Can anyone provide a speed test?

How much data do you use on average per month?