Redacted Mueller Report will be ..... (pick one)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rhonindk, Apr 17, 2019.

?

What will the Redacted Mueller Report really be?

1. The AG's summary conclusion was accurate

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. It completely clears President Trump

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Barr redacted all stuff against President Trump

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  4. It shows the President is guilty

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. We waited for this?

10 vote(s)
    29.4%
  6. I want the full report no matter what!

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  7. It does show President Trump wasn't totally clean

17 vote(s)
    50.0%
  8. This has been a total waste of time and money.

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

sitting on a beach watching a DC simulation ...
    Thought I would toss this out here ... After awaiting this report and now the redacted report, what is the general opinion of posters here?

Vote, Comment, Do Both ... :D

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

3. Rhonindk thread starter macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

When it comes out .... Let me change title ....

4. raqball macrumors 68000

I picked 'we waited for this' but could have picked all of these...

The AG's summary conclusion was accurate
    We waited for this
    It does show President Trump wasn't totally clean

5. Rhonindk thread starter macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

I set it for "choose any two". Didn't want the "Let's pick them all" to run rampant :D

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I picked "I want the full report" and "it shows Trump isn't totally clean," but I also suspect Barr is trying to redact as much as possible so things would look favorable to Trump. Remember that in Watergate and with Kenn Starr's investigation, grand jury material was released with a judge's approval. So far, Barr is refusing to go to a judge and ask permission to release grand jury material. If he did, it'd likely get approved for release. Which means Barr is using the "need" to keep grand jury material sealed as an excuse to redact stuff.

7. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

It will not make a difference.

The Democrats will want a copy of the entire evidence so they can start their own investigations.

Just like the 2016 presidential election, the Democrats will not accept the results.

8. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

It's going to hurt them politically if they want to start yet another investigation to the investigation that was just finished.

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Isn't that what the Republicans are trying to do? They want to investigate how the investigation of Trump campaign started?

10. Rhonindk thread starter macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

Nope. They are looking to see if the process was executed correctly or was the system gamed. Big take-away; if it was gamed how do we prevent this from happening again?

11. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

The investigation will produce (and has already produced) evidence that the Trump campaign lied about and tried to cover up and interfere with investigations of their involvement with Russian criminal activity. The Mueller “result” (that there were no crimes of conspiracy and that he did not reach a decision on crimes of obstruction) is not and never was intended to be the final word. Congress has a separate and even more important role in investigating these matters.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That's called starting an investigation on an investigation isn't it? Whether or not the investigation on the investigation is justified is another question.

13. linuxcooldude, Apr 17, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019

linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

I knew someone was going to bring that up, but fine, I was ready for it.

First, it's not the same investigation. We have evidence the FISA warrants might be fraudulently obtained by a string of FBI emails. And if the judge knew if it was funded by the Hilary campaign. The FBI told the FISA court that it "did not believe" former British spy Christopher Steele was the direct source for a Yahoo News article implicating former Trump aide Carter Page in Russian collusion, newly released documents reveal.

London court records show that contrary to the FBI's assessments, Steele briefed Yahoo News and other reporters in the fall of 2016 at the direction of Fusion GPS -- the opposition research firm behind the dossier. Also that the claims he made in the dossier were unverified.

In other words the FBI might of lied to the FISA court about Steele ( Which was used to reissue the FISA warrant ) handed the dossier over to news media.

14. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I agree that that ought to be investigated, but I also think Trump needs to be investigated further, especially his finances.

15. linuxcooldude, Apr 17, 2019

On what grounds? What did he do wrong? We already spent at least three years in this investigation already. You want more?!?

16. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

You can start here:

17. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Lordy, if I had a nickel for every news report that has unanimous sources. Let me guess, that anonymous news source is none other than Racheal Maddow and her failed two page tax return. The IRS seems perfectly fine with it apparently.

Even the most liberal posters are tired of your conspiracy theories. Next...

18. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think he did a lot of shady business stuff. There is the NY Times article suggesting he and his family did illegal financial maneuvering to avoid inheritance tax, and I've seen reports of shady real estate deals that may be money laundering. Which ties in to the Russian investigations, because it was Russians doing the buying. It may be nothing, like the FISA thing could also turn out to be nothing, but all are worth taking a closer look, imo.

19. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

I would think we would see IRS investigations of this along time ago by now if it were really an issue. Tax avoidance is not the same as tax fraud. Everybody uses the tax laws to take the biggest exemptions or paying the least amount of tax possible.

20. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

The New York Times won a Pulitzer Prize for their Trump tax fraud investigation this week. You can pretend that it’s just a conspiracy theory, but that is simply not true.

21. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

I'm sure the IRS will take in account of any awards won by the news media as legitimate reasons to investigate for tax fraud.

22. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

I choose:
    NONE OF THE ABOVE.

The Plebles (us) cannot see full report.
    And I except his level of potential criminal action will be somewhere short of treasonous and "nothing of consequence or subject to grand jury".

But I know Chaos45 is guilty of being a narcissist! :p:p:p

23. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

One reason why House committees want to see Trump's tax returns, they want to see if IRS ever audited Trump, and if so, what the results were.

And what the NY Times described wasn't simple tax avoidance, it was an elaborate scheme involving shell companies and fraudulent invoices.

24. linuxcooldude, Apr 17, 2019

...Ahem, directly from the NYT article linked:

Stop the presses! We have found possible tax avoidance!!

As I said before, the Mueller investigation didn't pan out so lets investigate his taxes...

GUYS, if you really want Trump out of office, start getting a better candidate who has a chance to win.

25. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

From the passage you quoted:
    "The Trumps’ plan, executed over the next decade, blended traditional techniques — such as rewriting Fred Trump’s will to maximize tax avoidance — with unorthodox strategies that tax experts told The Times were legally dubious and, in some cases, appeared to be fraudulent."
    --- Post Merged, Apr 17, 2019 ---
    Working on that. ;)