Redesigned iOS 7 app icons (Safari, Movies, Photos, Game Center, Newsstand)

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by joepancake, Jan 22, 2014.

1. joepancake, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014

joepancake macrumors newbie

Safari: has got a more iOS 6-like icon again. Except for the Calendar app, i find these plain white backgrounds just stale.

Videos: has got a similar style as the Music app, because it's the same type of app (media).

Photos: same as for Videos. The icon resembles an orchid, known as the most beautiful flower in the world (even more beautiful than the sunflower we know from previous icons 'Photos' had), which makes it a prime motive for this app.

Newsstand: has got a similar style as the iBooks app, because it's the same type of app (reading). They're both also media which is why they share that look with Music, Videos etc.

Game Center: Imagine a Super Mario level with a plain white background - same horrible scene, isn't it? Little bit more colour.

Attached Files:

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I prefer your Safari and Newsstand icons, but must've developed Stockholm syndrome with the others in iOS 7! Videos and Photos aren't bad, just I think I've got used to the other ones.

Have to say, the only one of yours I don't like is Game Centre - the purple clashes a bit too much with the spots, and along with the chess piece makes it look too busy.

Nice designs though generally :)