Rediscovering the Spice Girls

Lacero

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Maybe I was drunk last night, but I spent the better part of the night compiling my entire collection of Spice Girls with full ID tags, re-encoding my collection to 128 kbps AAC and searching online for album art. Apparently, iTMS only carries 300x300 album art, and not the usual 600x600.

So I'm listening to these songs and they're bringing back a f*ing flood of good memories. Screw whatever anyone says, the Spice Girls rock!

So I got all three of their albums, Spice, Spice World, and Forever. I'm now going to search online for all their respective solo acts, so I can build like the biggest and baddest Spice Girls collection ever put forth by any courageous person.

Any other Spice lovers, please share you experiences.

The Spice Girls are making a resurgence, I swear to God! I can't be the only person feeling it.

/currently playing 2 Become 1 - Spice Girls <--- this track ROCKS! OMG. So melodic.

Here's to the Crazy Ones

Lacero

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Viva Forever the Spice Girls!!! *burp* and I'm perfectly sober at the moment, too.

I'm loving them too much, now. Fantasticimo! No one can take them away from me.

Just the beginning. To whet your appetite....

Attachments

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Lacero said:
... I'm loving them too much, now. Fantasticimo! No one can take them away from me.
Very impressive ... five stars all the way down. I do not curently have any Spice Girls represented in my iTunes collection, but after what I picked-up yesterday at the library, that may change. The CD's from the Grateful Dead left me as ungrateful as I can recall in quite some time.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Lacero said:
Maybe I was drunk last night, but I spent the better part of the night compiling my entire collection of Spice Girls with full ID tags, re-encoding my collection to 128 kbps AAC and searching online for album art. Apparently, iTMS only carries 300x300 album art, and not the usual 600x600.

So I'm listening to these songs and they're bringing back a f*ing flood of good memories. Screw whatever anyone says, the Spice Girls rock!

So I got all three of their albums, Spice, Spice World, and Forever. I'm now going to search online for all their respective solo acts, so I can build like the biggest and baddest Spice Girls collection ever put forth by any courageous person.

Any other Spice lovers, please share you experiences.

The Spice Girls are making a resurgence, I swear to God! I can't be the only person feeling it.

/currently playing 2 Become 1 - Spice Girls <--- this track ROCKS! OMG. So melodic.

Here's to the Crazy Ones
I'll pray for you my son.

Attachments

ColdFlame87

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2004
Woodland Hills, CA
They're taking control of people once again im telling you!! :eek: A few friends of mine, including my gf, have been recently obsessing over them. It can get annoying when you're the only guy in the car and your gf and her friends are blasting the spice girls in your car!! :rolleyes:

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
Applespider said:
Perhaps the Lacero we know and have learned to appreciate has been abducted by alien and left this odd changeling behind :p

Although there's still the question of why there are all the Spice Girls CDs in the house to rip :confused:
Perhaps the whole Lacero enigma is just a very elaborate viral marketing campaign for a Spice Girls Reunion :cool:.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
brepublican said:
I am as proud of my Spice Girls collection as I am of my Westlife... well, maybe not AS. But close.:eek:
I'm more interested in the wallpaper on your desktop ;)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
This entire discussion makes me ill. I try and stay away from this type of pop music as much as possible.

But I am sincerely happy for you Lacero. :cool:

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
I'm glad I'm not the only person who listens to embarrassing music. :D

I'll admit it, I have both of the 2ge+her albums... yeah, the fake boy band MTV made.
:eek:

..I should dig out my spice girls, but they're on cassette!
If you wanna be my lover, gotta use oh-ess-ten...
:rolleyes:

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
katie ta achoo said:
I'm glad I'm not the only person who listens to embarrassing music. :D
I think we all listen to embarrassing music from time to time, nothing wrong with that! For me, it's juts not the Spice Girls... :eek: ;)

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
~Shard~ said:
I think we all listen to embarrassing music from time to time, nothing wrong with that! For me, it's juts not the Spice Girls... :eek: ;)
*mutes "platinum underground" by Vanilla ice*

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the nu-metal sounds of Vanilla ice. What were you saying? :p

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
katie ta achoo said:
*mutes "platinum underground" by Vanilla ice*

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the nu-metal sounds of Vanilla ice. What were you saying? :p
Ah, don't worry about it, I was just listening to some Robbie Williams myself. :eek: No, not really...

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
hahahahahaha I was a one of the designers who did their website... enhanced CD's too. ;) :eek: :D

I did Mel C as well... :p actually... I've still got Mel C's old site that I worked on archived with *exclusive* interviews, video's and music clips. hahahahahahahahahaha.