RedSn0w Updated to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cobaltrich27, Sep 20, 2010.

1. cobaltrich27 macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

2. johnny168 macrumors member

Too bad it's only for Mac right now or else I'd be trying it too!!

3. cobaltrich27 thread starter macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

Yup I was working in Win7 with Studio.net had to reboot into Mac getting ready to try it now.

FYI iclarified just updated the info with this below so hold off you dont have AT&T:

IF YOU USE THE ULTRASN0W UNLOCK, PLEASE WAIT FOR PWNAGETOOL TO SUPPORT 4.1. DO NOT USE REDSN0W.

4. cobaltrich27 thread starter macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

Works Great!!!

OK sorry it took so long everything is now installed.

I had to first remove my iphone 4 from its Otterbox then pluck the tiny SIM and place it in my adapter to slide it into the JB iPhone 3G with 4.1 software.

Works Great!!!

Cydia doesn't say it has my SHSH for 4.1 yet but I'm sure that will update eventually. I will Tiny Umbrella just incase.

Now going to try an iPod Touch 2G MB.

5. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

6. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

7. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Umm, only if you don't upgrade your baseband....

8. Ash9414 macrumors 6502

I've been waiting for this to jailbreak my iPhone 3G on iOS4, thanks for the info!

9. nabechu macrumors 6502

Only if you didn't upgrade to the official 4.1

10. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

You don't need to wait for iclarified to post anything. You can get this same information from the very same people who make the damn program. You know the iphone dev team? They do have a site and it's here: http://blog.iphone-dev.org They spell out very clearly (for those who bother to ***** read anything) the conditions for using the program and the pitfalls.

11. cobaltrich27 thread starter macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

Um Ok...

Yes that is the source and credit goes to them. They know who they are you can calm down with the profanity etc... I like to share iclarified for the novice users and my friends who dont do this all the time.

I like the easy point & click wizard user interface at www.iclarified.com initial page even better plus they have the ipsw file links, guides & yes the link to download the latest http://iphwn.org/redsn0w_mac_0.9.6b1.zip jailbrake file is all right there in one spot.

Im just trying to help people. I check iclarified in addition to other sites like www.macrumors.com each day for Mac news and if something I see first there I will give them credit for it. I also didnt see anything post here in this forum about it late last night so wanted to share.

Hope this doesnt make you to upset and is ok with you in the future.