Redsn0w "Waiting for Reboot," but my iPod has already rebooted normally

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by shootinhoops217, Feb 22, 2012.

1. shootinhoops217 macrumors newbie

I've tried many times to jailbreak my iPod today using redsn0w. I'm on Mac OSX Snow Leopard, I've made sure that my iPod was fully updated to 5.0.1, and I have the latest version of redsn0w (0.9.10 beta 5). Even still, every time I go to jailbreak it it will go into DFU mode, then when redsn0w says "Waiting for Reboot" the iPod will reboot itself normally and redsn0w will stay stuck on that message. Anyone have a fix for this?

A few other things. I haven't restored my iPod while trying this, and I haven't manually specified an IPSW in redsn0w before trying to jailbreak (cause I'd have to download it). Would either of these fix the problem?

2. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

I would definetely try the restore. Manually selecting an IPSW is unlikely to change anything. But if something went wrong the first time, the file system on the iPod may be moderately messed up, and that could be causing the repeated failures.

Finally, it could theoretically be a hardware problem, for example a bad cable. But try the restore first.

3. shootinhoops217 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, I fixed it. :D I did have to download the IPSW and manually select it, I guess because there was no IPSW inside my "iPod Software Update" folder.

Thanks for the reply NanoNyrd

4. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

Too bad you had to do the exact opposite of what I said :D