Reduction for prices on new iMacs?

aznatari

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2002
NJ
hello

i am one of the many [pc users] :mad: that are looking to switch to a macintosh:) . i am planning within the next few months to purchase the 17" widescreen iMac at $1,999. However i do wish i could get the iMac at a much cheaper price than what they have now.

So i am ::wondering:: if there is a possibility for a reduction on the prices of the new iMacs. Thanx for all the replies.

onemoof

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2002
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Not soon

The 17 inch iMac just came out (or might not even be shipping in quantity yet). More than likely it will be at least 6 months for the retail price drops. Alternatives to finding a good deal now include shopping at all the online Mac resellers to see who throws in the best freebies (often you can get free RAM, a free Airport card, free printers, etc.). Also if you happen to be affiliated with an education institution (such as if you're a college student) you can get a discount of around 10-15% on Macs.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Yeah, I would also recommend the educational discount, if you can get one. Ebay, well, everyone has their stories. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.