iPad Refurb Ipad 4 (359€) or Ipad Air (479€)?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by fatalle, Oct 29, 2013.

1. fatalle macrumors newbie

I'm not sure which way to go. I've never had an Ipad before but really want one now. I have an Iphone so I'm not new to Apple's world. I know the weight is the main difference here but since I always carry my things in a bag it's not that important to me.

My main uses would be:

@uni:
    - Take notes
    - Read pdfs

@home:
    - Play games (I'm not crazy for iOS games tho, I have a ps3 and a 3dsxl)
    - Watch videos
    And some other common things for a home user.

PD: Both models are the 16GB version.

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

IMO, even though weight and size dont seem that important to you Id spend the extra $120 to get the newest model. There are other advantages to the ipad Air. Processing power, graphics, improved Wifi, and better future proofing.

I say go for the new one. If it was $200+ then id be more weary.

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Only you can decide if it's worth an extra 120€ for a much lighter, much thinner, likely considerably faster iPad, with much better resale value.

;)

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

You might want to read some the many 16gb vs 32gb postings.

I have the original Ipad and it works, sort of. If I were to buy today, it would be the newer unit. It just seems like such a jump up in machine.

But,if you really think you may not do much more with it, then the older 16gb might be worth it. But, if the Air comes across as good as expected,the price of the ipad4 may drop even more.

5. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Taken as a percentage of purchase price, the iPad 4 will likely have better resale value as it costs less than the iPad Air in the first place. :p

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

True, though it depends on when you sell it. The older it gets, the less you get. And the value drops dramatically if it becomes ineligible for a future iOS update. The way updates have gone so far, you'll always have an extra year before that happens with a newer model vs the previous year's model.