Refurbished 15.4-inch MacBook Pro 2.6GHz, 16gb Ram, 512GB SSD OR wait for Haswell

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lev189, Aug 23, 2013.

1. lev189 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I have put aside $2000 to buy the absolute best laptop I can find. I was looking for 16GB, and 512GB SSD so unfrontlye I can't stay perfectly within my budget.

The best deal I found was http://store.apple.com/us/product/G...-26ghz-quad-core-intel-i7-with-retina-display.

The cost is $2189 - $100 apple gift card= $2089. I don't have to pay taxes in the state I'll be picking up the Macbook from.

My question is for this price is this worth buying, Or should I wait for the Haswell update, and purchase it on Black Friday. Since the Haswell is a newer release I assume it's entry level model will be speced higher, then the macbook pro retina entry level. So maybe i'll be able to find a haswell macbook pro for around $2200 with 16gb memory as well. Is this being realistic, or do you think the haswell is going to be priced way above that price for 16GB Ram.

Thanks for your suggestions!

2. phillyfan9090 macrumors member

i bought the 2012 retina MBP 15" with 8gb ram refurbished from apple.
    i was hesitant at first because i thought it could have scratches or bad screen. Just arrived today and I am very impressed. Not one scratch on the exterior and the screen is beautiful. Honestly just buy the refurbished. you will save a lot of money and the laptop is pretty much brand new.

3. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

I'd think a max spec Haswell would be over $3000.. with base CPU and SSD, maybe $2500?

4. Tomerco macrumors member

also did that yesterday... waiting for it to arrive!
    which screen did you get? samsung or lg?

5. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

If you were planning on getting one anyway, I'd get it now. The price with those basic specs on update will be significantly higher, IMHO.

Those specs should last you for years and years.

6. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

You returned the 13" rMBP? I hope you are happy now with the 15"... :D

If I ever get a refurbished, I would get the latest release. Hence early 2013 instead of the one year old mid-2012 release...