Refurbished 15 inch 2.7 Ghz MacBook Pro Early 2013 w/ Applecare vs Late 2013 model

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Brandon263, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Brandon263 macrumors 6502

I just bought an Early 2013 refurbished 2.7 GHz 15 inch MacBook Pro w. AppleCare for around $2,300, but I'm having buyer's remorse for not buying the late 2013 high end Macbook Pro since I want to keep this machine for the next 5 years or so (not really: I mostly keep my machines for a year, but I keep telling myself this time is different...). Would you keep the Early 2013 model if you were me, or would you buy the new model?

I've already had problems with the refurbished model, since it won't read my SD cards. Apple initially said it was the logic board, but later said it was the IO board and that it would take 3 to 5 days to repair.

2. FastEddiebags macrumors 6502

If you can return it for a refund then why not. You can transfer the applecare I believe and the 2.3/16/512 is $2350 at Best buy.

3. Brandon263 thread starter macrumors 6502

Can I transfer the AppleCare to a new machine even though I'm not the original owner of the plan?

4. FastEddiebags macrumors 6502

No clue to be honest. You are probably going to need some proof of purchase.

5. Lucas Godfrey macrumors 6502

Lucas Godfrey

if you bought it from apple refurb then it should be "your" applecare plan.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If applecare is registered to the original computer then you cannot transfer it to another computer. Buying the computer/applecare at the same time will automatically register it if you bought at apple.