Refurbished macbooks OOS, a sign of updates at WWDC?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Germwise, May 24, 2009.

1. Germwise macrumors regular

So I was browsing the store and I noticed that there are no refurb macbook 2.0 or 2.4 for sale.

How often does this happen?

Could this be a sign of changes to come in WWDC? could they be installing SL on them for release june 8th?!?!?!?

let the speculations begin~

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Happens all the time. Just means they have an insufficient quantity of machines available for refurb.

3. h4rri3r macrumors member

h4rri3r

I think that WWDC will be only about Apple Software - like Mac OSX Snow Leopard and iPhone 3.0 OS. We will maybe only get new MacBooks later this year with the release of Snow Leopard. ;)

4. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Yep, definitely new Macbooks at WWDC, and new Macbook Pros and Airs, and new Mac Pros and iMacs and the *real* new Mac Mini that they've been hiding from us.

Probably new keyboards and mice too.

Plus 3 new iPhones, new iPod touches, a surprise version 4 of the iPhone OS that includes background apps.

OS 10.6 Snow Leopard will be demoed, announced complete, and released as a free upgrade from Leopard and they will talk about the roadmap for OSXI with a preview version for Developers.

Also, Steve will come out with the Apple Tablet at the end.

It'll only be like an 8 hour keynote, should be doable. :p

5. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

You missed out the introduction of a £300 Macbook Nano for the netbook market ;)

6. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Nah, there won't be time for *another* new product in the keynote, they'll just drop the price of the Macbook Air to $399.

After a few weeks of ranting and raging by people who just bought theirs, Apple will issue a $100 Apple Store Gift Card to all those affected.

7. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

i always figured best not to expect anything other than a keynote and take the announcements as they come. much better than hyping something that may never occur or when you want it only to be dissapointed waiting for that one particular announcement that goes unannounced. :apple: