Refurbished Unibody MBs and MBPs are back in the Mac Refubished Section at Apple.com

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Scottsdale, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

I had seen a few posts this week with people asking when they would have the unibody MBs and MBPs back for sale in the refurbished section of Apple.com store.

I just saw both models of the MB and the MBP.

MB $1099 and $1399

MBP $1699 and $2149

Nice discounts available if willing to take a refurbished instead of a new unit.

2. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

3. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

Is basically the only difference between a refurb. and brand new is the box and of course its not "brand new" but you still get the one year warranty right and you could always send it in if anything is wrong?

4. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

Yep.. They also get a look over, and make sure they are in perfect shape. So chances of defects are lower ;)
    I just bought one a few hours ago, hopefully it gets here before the 26th :D

5. Norco macrumors regular

I've been watching the refurb store quite a bit this last week and noticed how packed it is now. I don't know if this has anything to do with Apple wanting to clear stock for something upcoming, or if there has simply been a lot of returns with problems...it's interesting nonetheless.

6. Scottsdale thread starter macrumors 601

Scottsdale

I noticed lower prices than ever on iMacs too. Even BlackBooks in there right now. I think an iMac revision is coming - at least an update. I am hopeful for a complete desktop revision soon. Maybe even as early as tomorrow. Based on a few rumors about iLife's release soon... I think they would introduce the new desktops when they can ship them with iLife. Ok, I know the 17" MBP was introduced at MWSF, but they had to introduce something given their past introductions at MacWorld.

Great deals at the refurbished store. I will always buy from the refurbished store if I can hold out from release date. It took the MBs and MBPs 2.5 months to get there. I couldn't hold out. But for those that did/do they can really save some money... Some get better quality control even, some claim.

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Im considering getting the backlit MB when I do finally get my first mac. I like the refurb idea because it actually makes it much more affordable. Anyone care to guess around what month the refurbs will start shipping with ilife 09?

8. veeco3110 macrumors 6502

veeco3110

now probably... you can get the 10 dollar update