Rehabilitation of the MacBook Pro 13 "(mid 2010). Tips and options

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vv_tikhon, Jul 14, 2016.

1. vv_tikhon macrumors newbie

Hello. First of all, sorry for my english if you will see any mistakes.

I have a second notebook at home, it’s MacBook Pro 13 (mid 2010). I want to make it like my second note book for some small works.

Now the computer slows down wildly. It can hang on the enter window for 3-4 minutes, or when I work on a simple document in Word or Excel, and other slowdowns.
    The question is - what can you advise to make it work good? Or what is the problem?

- First of all I want to completely delete all information and reinstall like a new one. Will it help?
    - Second - it makes sense to put the old OS? Now there is 10.9.2 (Mavericks). Should i install Captain, or vice versa fall back to Lion? How will the program work on Lion?
    - Can the RAM upgrade to 8Gb help? Or place SSD instead of CD-drive? Other options?
    - I am ready to listen to any good advice and recommendations.

Thanks!

2. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

Upgrade to 8GB RAM. Replace hard drive with solid state drive.

3. Dead0k macrumors regular

yes. and put HDD in place of DVD by using special pocket from ebay or whatever.
    also clean it during the process.

4. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

I would suggest putting the SSD drive in the HDD slot and the old hard drive in the optical slot.

SSD in the optical slot sometime have problems for some reasons.

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

It's probably a dying hard drive replace it with an SSD for better than new performance.

6. iMacC2D, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017