Rehoming adopted children facebook page

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Jun 30, 2015.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

this is a nasty business done by some when they adopt for all the wrong reasons like religion or to get a kid or such. then the reality kicks in the kids is not perfect or has lots of medical or emotional problems so off they go. it is a horrible business and hopefully more laws will prevent it.This page looks more like the humane society with less legal content.

https://m.facebook.com/secondchanceadoptions?ref=m_notif&notif_t=notify_me

2. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

I don't see the problem. some people can't handle some burdens.

3. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

So just find someone on facebook to give them too? if you can't handle the burden don't adopt it is a child not a dog.

4. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

give the kid a second chance at finding somebody that can handle him/her.
    you don't know exactly what you are in for until they start living with you full time. would you rather the child be neglected because the adopting parents can't handle the situation they found themselves in? parents are miserable/kid is miserable & neglected.

5. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

keep saying you are not adopting a dog. you need to know what you are getting into it is a long time commitment not something to do to please god. What happens if you pass the kid off to a pedophile? this is not going through an adoption agency or at least someplace that really looks after the child. you seem to have forgotten this below.
    The story of an Arkansas politician who gave away his adopted child, and the tragedy that followed

6. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

from the link YOU Posted.
    as you said, it's not a Dog that you might get away with neglecting, it is a KID that needs ALL THE HELP HE CAN GET, if the adopting parents are NOT able to handle the KIDS NEEDS then let SOMEONE ELSE step up to the plate.

7. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

There are accredited adoption agencies that are little more then child brokers. they specialize in getting third world kids to religious homes helping with funding and all. they do not have stringiest background checks and followup services. They are the types of places that give kids to the people who are re homing them.

8. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

your link states.
    you seemingly have a problem with the format they have. have you considered trying to adopt through them to see how it actually works instead of just basing your emotions based on the page? do you have other horror stories concerning this particular outfit? I am all for a kid SAFELY getting a second chance.

9. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

what do you expect them to use? craigslist personals? as long as the KID SAFELY gets a parent that can HELP, WHISKY TANGO FOXTROT is the problem?

the page you listed is active, the links you posted talk about deactivated pages.

10. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Do any of your links mention at all the Facebook you have on post 1?

11. steve knight, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015

steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

the last two are about that agency wiaa I know there is more but I don't have time to ferret it out.
    so is it ok to dump your bio kids if they don't work out?
    this is one of the stories from the company

12. sim667 macrumors 65816

13. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

All I can say is that I hope none of these people are ever allowed to adopt again under any circumstances.