Reinstalled OS X Snow Leopard on my Macbook, could not login to account.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AppleFanatic10, Mar 2, 2012.

1. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Ok, so earlier this morning I re-installed Snow Leopard to my MacBook. I must note that I did a time machine back up earlier and tried to migrate everything from the previous backup. Everything was going smoothly until I had to log in to my account. When I typed in the correct password, the part where my picture and login information would shake. So, I restarted my computer thinking that would fix the problem. Unfortunately that made the problem worse. Now, instead of going to the login screen, after showing the apple logo, the screen automatically turns blue, and stays that way. If anyone could help me fix this problem, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

2. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

Will the computer start if you hold down the OPTION key whilst it boot?

3. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Nope. I think it has something to do with the hard drive because when I swapped it with another one it booted. I'd like to put my pervious hard drive in there because it has more space.

4. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

So you swapped the drive and the Mac booted? You could have a bad drive, or a corrupt installation partition...If you can put the old drive in a caddy, you might be able to format it....If it still fails to appear it's probably a goner though.

5. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

MacMan45,

Thanks for your help! I somehow got it back working and on SL... although somethings crash randomly, I can still do my daily tasks and whatnot. :D