Reinstallin iOS in my iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aroshlakshan, Apr 9, 2013.

1. aroshlakshan macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4s which is Jailbroken and unlocked using Gevey sim. iOS version is 6.1.2. I want to restore the phone to it's original state. Do a clean install. I'm a newbie to Apple devices so how do I proceed? Thank you.

2. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Plug it into a computer open iTunes and clock restore. Then you can just restore from a backup as normal.

3. aroshlakshan thread starter macrumors newbie

I do not have a backup. Can I restore the phone by downloading the 6.1.2 OS file? And how do I do the jailbreak. Will this affect my Gevey sim Unlock?

4. Ann P macrumors 68020

Do you still want to keep the unlock? If so, I would proceed with caution.

I could be entirely wrong but most of the Gevey sims require your phone to be jailbroken. 6.1.3 is the latest OS and currently can't be jb. With that said, if you restore, you won't be able to jailbreak and the unlock will be gone.

If you are able to find a legit copy of os 6.1.2, please let me know. I've been on the hunt!

5. aroshlakshan thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the OS file already. I want to how to do a clean installation and jb it that's all.

6. DayOfChaos macrumors 6502

You can't anymore. You are stuck with the current install you have.

7. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

You can't do a clean installation without upgrading to iOS 6.1.3, which means you will not be able to jailbreak anymore.

8. Ann P macrumors 68020

Yes, I understand you have the file; once you try to restore back to 6.1.2 though, you'll get an error message. I've attempted it several times.

9. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

Seem to remember something about editing iTunes hosts...???

10. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

There used to be a way but both the iPhone 5 and 4S don't allow the method. Without explaining it, do not upgrade or restore, you will lose your unlock and jailbreak.