Reload Camera Roll after setting up as new?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MattMJB0188, Mar 26, 2012.

1. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Anyone know how to restore the camera roll after setting the phone up as new. Restoring from a backup restores everything. What I want to know is if there is a way to restore ONLY the camera roll. Or how can you access the camera roll's location and drag the pictures into the empty camera roll folder?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Nope

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I'm afraid it's restore all or nothing. You can reload the pictures onto the device if you previously imported them to a computer though. You could even resave every image from PhotoStream. It would take a while but it's possible.

4. MattMJB0188 thread starter macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

This way wouldn't put them into the camera roll folder though right?

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Nope. The only way to do that is to restore from backup, apps and all.

On second thought, saving them from PhotoStream would put them in the camera roll. It'll take a while depending on how many you need though.

6. PaulyD macrumors 6502

Can select multiple pictures before hitting save though so really won't take that long at all

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

When you have 1,000 pictures in your PhotoStream like I do, that helps but not by much.

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

It's a big difference "you can't" and "it takes awhile because you have a lot of pictures". I assume the more common use case is that you have a subset of pictures you want on your phone.

iTunes syncs photos to your iPhone, but I haven't done this and don't know if it officially qualifies as the "camera roll". :) If the point is to simply have them on the phone this will work. Time to experiment...