Reload Purchased Apps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spaghetti head, Dec 11, 2011.

1. spaghetti head macrumors member

So my new computer took a dump, and my back-up program sucks. I lost all data back to 8-21-2011. I'm able to reinstall from there, but that leaves almost 4 months lost. Is there an easy way for me to reload all of the apps that I have purchased?

I'm able to do this app by app, but there has to be an easier way, right? I can't even remember everything that is missing.

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Unfortunately no, you'll have to do it one by one from the store.

4. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

Go to the purchased section in the app store. It will be under the updates section. Download all of them. As for data, iCloud is the way to go in the future. Upgrade to iOS 5 and set it up if you haven't already.

5. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

As mentioned above unless you had loaded iOS 5 and activated iCloud you're kinda SOL.

If you restore with an iCloud profile, and main things enabled, it'll drop your settings back to where they were (installed apps, folders, locations, etc).

If you haven't then you're still relying 100% on what's on your PC so you'll have to basically re-download them. I'm not sure if you can use the iTunes store to download it local, first, though through your PC which is probably quicker. I haven't tried to be honest.

6. spaghetti head thread starter macrumors member

I set up iCloud as soon as I installed IOS5, now what? How do I go back to what was originally there?

7. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

If you had setup iCloud to backup all your settings, and apps, when you signed into iCloud on your phone it should've pushed all your stuff back right away.

When I got my 4S I signed into iCloud during the initial setup, and it immediately connected to my WiFi and downloaded everything and the layouts I had previously on it's own.

My thought is you didn't set it to backup things, or disabled them.

8. spaghetti head thread starter macrumors member

My iTunes library is 500GB, where as I have 5GB on iCloud. I don't see an advantage to iCloud.

9. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

iCloud doesn't sync your music.

You can sync your mail, contacts, calendars, reminders, bookmarks, notes, photos (via the photostream functionality), documents, find my iphone, etc.

It also sync's app data, and so forth, for anytime you reload it can bring things back.

It's basically all your core settings, content, etc, in the cloud so if you restore it can pull it all back down.

10. blevins321 macrumors 68030

You can subscribe to iTunes Match to handle your music. $25/year and it'll keep up to 25,000 non-purchased songs backed up via either matching to existing iTunes Store songs, or by uploading them. Purchases are backed up on an unlimited basis and don't count towards your 25k limit.

11. spaghetti head thread starter macrumors member

12. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

You can first try transferring all Apps purchased that's on your iPhone.

When you log into your iTunes account every thing should come back.

I'm hoping that every who has mentioned iCloud is wrong because this will really suck. Every Mac that I've own, all I had to do was enter my user name in iTunes, then connect my iPod or iPhone and everything was downloaded.

I've done friends and stuff that's not even on their iPod/iPad will show up. Every App.