Remember How Trump Threatened Ford? Well Look at the HUGE Announcement They Just Made

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewap, Mar 25, 2016.

1. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

The Trump effect. In every rally Trump stated how he would disuade Ford Motor Co. from moving to Mexico by threatening an import tax.

When the Ford Motor Co. decided to move jobs south to Mexico so that it could pay its workers less, billionaire businessman Donald Trump was furious. He made trade inequalities and Ford’s betrayal of American workers a central issue of his campaign.

And, without his even being in the Oval Office, it worked. - Like a BOSS.

In an interview with CNBC, Ford CEO Mark Fields said that the automaker would be “here to stay.” He also said he had outlined his company’s plans in a letter to Trump.

http://conservativetribune.com/trump-threatened-ford-huge/?sc=iar

2. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Talk is cheap. Let's see what FoMoCo does after Hillary is elected.

4. FieldingMellish Suspended

That sounds like a Democrat in office = more offshoring of American jobs, rather than reversing the trend.

5. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

Way to go. This country was shaped by business men. No matter how much crap trump talks and I don't believe in his racist ways, he is a good businessman. We need something like that. My wife is Latin and hates his ass, rightly so.

6. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

7. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Does anybody really belive that Ford changed even a detail in their plans just because one of Donald's brainfarts ???

All they do is take a different spin on it by emphazing the xxxx jobs that were allways staying in the US instead of those they plan to add elsewhere.

8. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

That's okay, neither does he.

9. FieldingMellish Suspended

I take it you will refrain from voting for Trump?

10. imhereareyou macrumors regular

imhereareyou

My wife told me she's gonna divorce me if I vote for him, of course, she gave me the best incentive.. lol jk

11. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Yeah we definitely need a businessman for a President. I also prefer my dentists to be real estate agents.

12. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

I'm tired of career politicians in the Oval Office. Having someone there who actually knows what it means to earn money rather than just take it from taxpayers will be refreshing.

13. DrewDaHilp1, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016

DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

We just need that candidate to exist. Seeing how Trump got his money from his Daddy and favorable tax deals. He could have made more money with what Daddy gave him by investing it.

14. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

I'm not sure why your guys keep repeating this nonsense, but it's so far the truth to be simply laughable.

Yes, he started with a net worth of between $40m and $200m depending on how you calculate the value of real estate, but that's worth more than $4.5b today - with some estimates as high as $10b - again, the range is due to the value of real estate.

How much is Turnberry Golf Club worth? As much as someone will pay for it. Trump reportedly paid $59m, and the Dubai conglomerate who bought it in 2008 paid $87m. What's it worth?

He has done well, in a wide range of businesses.

Has he had failures? Absolutely.

Did he call it in, collect his government salary, and vote "present?" Absolutely not.

15. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Impressive, considering how many plants Ford has closed in order to open up in Mexico already.

Along with an import tax, taking away corporate welfare might also help? Or will Ford do in response an action that would be remarkable considering the current state of affairs and make their cars into even more unreliable and life-risking junkheaps waiting for class actions lawsuits?

So any average Joe can run for public office. And governing a nation isn't quite the same as running a business, a sad truth people keep forgetting.

For the record, if any of Trump's companies takes corporate welfare then your claim loses its validity. Has he taken corporate welfare?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 26, 2016 ---
    Like the slave owners? That explains why wages remain stagnant while costs continue to skyrocket, woohoo! At least slaves got three hots and a cot...

Yes, but governing people is not like running a business. Would you care to check what "racism" involves and then apply it to governing as opposed to for-profit business ventures?

16. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I don't know they might be more honest about the pain your feel ;)

17. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Some of you should remember that Ford is a global company who juts happens to be founded and still have it's headquarters in the US.

Slap an import tax on non-US Fords and see how everybody else does the same for cars actually made in USA.

Just imagine Mercedes and BMW downsizing their US plants to just US demand as they move production back to Europe for european markets.

Net result will not be in anybodys favor.

18. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Don't try to put the blame for offshoring solely on Democrats. Both parties have been guilty of it, but domestic manufacturing was at an employment high in mid-1979 and has been going downhill ever since. I clearly remember Republicans, especially after Reagan was elected, pushing globalization, free trade, and promises to "get government out of the way". Bill Clinton, an economic DINO, went along with a lot of it, but job outsourcing really took another jump after Bush was elected in 2000. And Republicans were in control of Congress during that time. It seems they've only gotten religion about it lately. Democrats too, since they're now against the TPP.

19. FieldingMellish Suspended

Good point. Yet, are Democrats talking about reversing the offshoring trend?

20. Meister Suspended

Meister

Don't even think about that.
    If she gets elected she will continue to throw the world into turmoil.

Trump is a historical chance to turn things around.

21. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Trump is the best chance we have of ending history altogether.

22. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The offshoring trend is reversing on its own due to higher wages in India and China.

23. FieldingMellish Suspended

So America should depend on that? And while India exports tech workers that replace working Americans, in one of the rare well-paying positions post manufacturing sector jobs loss?

24. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

You don't need specialized skills in that way to be a politician. Look at the background of members of congress.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 27, 2016 ---
    Bernie is.

Which is why it's almost funny that minorities aren't voting for him in droves. He's the only candidate that is actively campaigning to help minor it communities in a real way.

25. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Jesus H Christ on a cracker.....Ford never said they were changing their minds about Mexico expansion. "Here to stay" means they are still going to be building cars in the U.S., which was part of the plan THE ENTIRE GOD DAMN TIME. At no point in all this did Ford say they were completely moving manufacturing out of the country.