Reminder: Tomorrow is Last Day to Buy AppleCare+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UnbornApple, Oct 20, 2012.

1. UnbornApple macrumors regular

UnbornApple

Hey,
    Just wanted to share my experience with purchasing AppleCare+ Yesterday just incase anyone wanted to still purcahse it.

You only have 30 days from date of purchase to add it. That would make tomorrow the last day to do it. Apple will require you take it into an Apple Store to have a genius take a look at the phone before you can purchase it. They are making sure there is no physical damage to the phone because then it would not be covered. You need to make an appointment online also.

So I went into the store yesterday to add AppleCare+ and they told me that I was out of the 30 days....when the phone was released less than 30 days ago. It was showing the date of pre-order as purchase date. If someone tells you this. Have them call a department within Apple called Agreement Admin. They can get the date of purchase moved to the correct day. Then you will be able to purchase AppleCare+. My whole experience took about 45 min. So be ready to wait. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

2. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

So I need an appointment to buy AppleCare+? I was planning on just walking in and purchasing it.

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I made one for Sunday, but an appointment isn't necessary. Although a Genius will have to check your iPhone.

4. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Cool. Thanks.

5. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

If you are not close to an Apple store you don't have to drive to a store and it can be done over the phone so the info in post #1 is not 100% correct

6. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

I bought my phone at midnight PST on the first day or preorders through Verizon. Today was my last day to buy. I called apple and added it. Didn't need to go to a store at all. And and I think today may actually be the last day for everyone.

7. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Really? They can't override it immediately to reflect launch date vs preorder date. Sucks you had to wait that long to get something so simple to straighten out.