Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
does anyone use the reminders app to remember bill due dates ? I'm tired of using 3rd party apps because many are launched and never supported so the built in iOS app may be better ....

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
I practice computer banking, so my bills go directly into that app with an execution date.
Saves me to input the same information twice.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Have you tried Mint? they were just bought by intuit so I think it will be supported for a long time. its free and works great.

Reactions: willmtaylor

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
The reminder app ?
Sorry, no - I referred to the Bank app.
I used to make a reminder in the past, which came down to type a description, the amount, etc.
Now I just fill a form in my Banking app and add an execution date there.
No more need for a reminder.

mthomas184

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2016
Cupertino
does anyone use the reminders app to remember bill due dates ? I'm tired of using 3rd party apps because many are launched and never supported so the built in iOS app may be better ....

I do actually. I have them set up on a monthly repeat so I dont even have to touch them once I acknowledge the reminder. I just dont put in the amount due.

Reactions: willmtaylor

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Since way back when, I always used bill reminder apps on my phone to keep track of when I need to pay specific bills. Currently I use "Bill Keeper" which has not been updated in quite sometime and is still a 32bit app.

I know I could use the stock reminders app, but I prefer using a 3rd party app instead. I was looking at Fantastical (even though it's more or less a calendar app). But any other suggestions on bill reminder apps to consider? I have no problems paying for an app as long as it's 64bit and kept updated.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Since way back when, I always used bill reminder apps on my phone to keep track of when I need to pay specific bills. Currently I use "Bill Keeper" which has not been updated in quite sometime and is still a 32bit app.

I know I could use the stock reminders app, but I prefer using a 3rd party app instead. I was looking at Fantastical (even though it's more or less a calendar app). But any other suggestions on bill reminder apps to consider? I have no problems paying for an app as long as it's 64bit and kept updated.
Look either into mint bills or prism, I prefer prism due to being able to pay my bill from the app without having to pay an extra fee, plus the UI is nicer. But mint does categorize your spending and gives you a nice overview of where your money went.

FirePak

macrumors regular
May 5, 2006
Mesa Arizona
I used Billminder for years but it hasn't been updated in years and the company that made it hasn't responded to anything or posted any updates. Using reminders with repeat now.

Reactions: tgara

mabhatter

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2009
I've been using BillTracker for over a year now.
Works flawlessly, definitely recommend it.

I have no ties to the developer what so ever. Just a satisfied user.

BillTracker for iPhone by SnapTap
https://appsto.re/us/J_Css.i
I've been using SnapTap BillTracker for four years plus on iPhone and iPad. The last update to the iPhone version was nine months ago for iOS 9 support, then they went dark. There was supposed to be an iPad update closely following but it never happened. Their twitter, website and any other contact info is dead. Anybody know if they're still in business?

I found an app suspiciously similar that just had a lot of updates...

Bill Watch Pro - Bills Reminder and Tracker by LINKLINKS LTD
https://appsto.re/us/bEZm4.i

I downloaded it but don't want to give up on BillTracker just yet.

Pravda

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Philly
I've been using SnapTap BillTracker for four years plus on iPhone and iPad. The last update to the iPhone version was nine months ago for iOS 9 support, then they went dark. There was supposed to be an iPad update closely following but it never happened. Their twitter, website and any other contact info is dead. Anybody know if they're still in business?

I found an app suspiciously similar that just had a lot of updates...

Bill Watch Pro - Bills Reminder and Tracker by LINKLINKS LTD
https://appsto.re/us/bEZm4.i

I downloaded it but don't want to give up on BillTracker just yet.

Thanks for the heads up about BillTracker, I wasn't aware their support and twitter went MIA. That's the problem with these apps/developers, some just don't make it and quit or some make it and quit. I guess it is what it is, probably a rough market to be in. I remember a really good bill reminder app back in the day, i think it was called Bills at Your Table, or something like that. Was a well polished app and had perfect sync with the iPad version, really nice looking UI too, same thing happened there, after a few years the developer walked away and shut it all down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.