Remote Desktop...

Do you think Apples new program is worth while?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Re: Haha

Originally posted by Mac_User
A lil' late on this one. ;)
Talk about a meaningless post! Sheesh. ;) :p

Well...that's all I have to say. :rolleyes:

ARD is awesome. Check out the thread arn linked posted the link for.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Re: Re: Haha

Originally posted by Rower_CPU

Talk about a meaningless post! Sheesh. ;) :p

Well...that's all I have to say. :rolleyes:

ARD is awesome. Check out the thread arn linked posted the link for.
Haha, sorry about that.
Me and my dad were talking about ARD today, and about if we won the lotto. We would have every computer in my house on a T3 line with ARD installed. We would also have our super duper Travel PowerBooks with ARD. Then we would go to our beach house which ALSO has a T3 line, and be on our computers at home, practically live! If only we won...:rolleyes:

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2001
Does this remote desktop thing mean you can use your ibook to remotely access your dual 1 ghz machine and run apps remotely (which processor(s) does the work... the remote or the local)? Because that would be way cool if you could carry a little ibook around and the server at your work or home did all the work while you were on the road

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by buffsldr
Does this remote desktop thing mean you can use your ibook to remotely access your dual 1 ghz machine and run apps remotely (which processor(s) does the work... the remote or the local)? Because that would be way cool if you could carry a little ibook around and the server at your work or home did all the work while you were on the road
ARD doesn't do that, but you don't need it to do that.

Appletalking between Macs allows you to run apps from the host machine.

ARD only lets you control the remote machine, but work done on the remote doesn't get saved to your local comp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.