Remote for iPod.

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
I have been expecting a wired remote for the iPod when I first bought it last year - but had to wait until July 17, 2002. When I ordered it, they quoted 2-4 weeks on the delivery. I got an email today that it would be dalyed another 2-4 weeks. I got annoyed and cancelled the order.

Can you buy the remote only at the Apple Store? I live close to the one at Willow Bend Mall.

Thanks

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
Re: Remote for iPod.

Originally posted by zarathustra
I have been expecting a wired remote for the iPod when I first bought it last year - but had to wait until July 17, 2002. When I ordered it, they quoted 2-4 weeks on the delivery. I got an email today that it would be dalyed another 2-4 weeks. I got annoyed and cancelled the order.

Can you buy the remote only at the Apple Store? I live close to the one at Willow Bend Mall.

Thanks
you can just call em up.. their number is (972) 202-5651... i got this from their site @ http://www.apple.com/retail/willowbend/ ...

i would assume that they do... they have just abouit everything at their stores as they have online.. they usally have better stock than online, too..

Paolo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2001
The Moon
delays

There delays are due to the people who have bought the new iPods... they get priority over the people who just want the accessories!

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
Re: Re: Remote for iPod.

Originally posted by firewire2001

you can just call em up.. their number is (972) 202-5651... i got this from their site @ http://www.apple.com/retail/willowbend/ ...

i would assume that they do... they have just abouit everything at their stores as they have online.. they usally have better stock than online, too..
Thanks. In the age of DSL I keep forgetting about this devilish invention, the phone. :D

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England

Thanks
Same here, I recieved that e-mail yesterday, and I wasn't best pleased :mad: They're now saying September!

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002

Can you buy the remote only at the Apple Store?
The Apple Store here in San Diego said the end of the month. Patience.

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
Re: Re: Remote for iPod.

Originally posted by mc68k
The Apple Store here in San Diego said the end of the month. Patience.
]

hey ... yer in san diego!?

niceness... are you going to the apple store even in fashion valley?

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Re: Re: Re: Remote for iPod.

Originally posted by firewire2001
hey ... yer in san diego!?

niceness... are you going to the apple store even in fashion valley?
I assume you mean event. ;) Yes, do you want to go? I'd be there more for nerd conversation that Jaguar foolish-ness, since I already have the build they're running on their "Mirrored Drive Bay" PMG4's.

But I'd be excited to go for sure. Let me know.

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
Re: Re: Re: Re: Remote for iPod.

Originally posted by mc68k
I assume you mean event. ;) Yes, do you want to go? I'd be there more for nerd conversation that Jaguar foolish-ness, since I already have the build they're running on their "Mirrored Drive Bay" PMG4's.

But I'd be excited to go for sure. Let me know.
yeah.. im going..

im only 14, so im actually going with my dad.. hehe..

maybe you can pm me or sumthing to tell me what youll wear or what you look like or whatever.. hehe..

looking forward to meeting you :)..

-f

Gelfin

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2001
Denver, CO
I've been calling the Palo Alto store about once a week to see if they've finally gotten in the accessories, and they still hadn't last time I called. They keep telling me they expect them any day now.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
firewire, i sent you a pm

i saw you don't have/have turned on e-mail notification for pm's, so i thought i'd let you know here

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Finally my new remote control iPod headphones turned up yesterday, so all you guys waiting for them, if you havn't already got them then you should soon...BTW, they're very nice too! :D

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Verbose101>

Aren't those things just too TINY? I mean, when I first saw one, I thought "Man, they need a power adapter for the remote? That sucks...", and when I turned it around, I realised that the "power adapter" was the remote itself.

Hehehe...

irmongoose

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by irmongoose
Verbose101>

Aren't those things just too TINY? I mean, when I first saw one, I thought "Man, they need a power adapter for the remote? That sucks...", and when I turned it around, I realised that the "power adapter" was the remote itself.

Hehehe...

irmongoose
No, they're realy nice little remotes, match the iPod perfectly, chrome front like the back of the iPod and white plastic back like the front of the iPod, I really like 'em.

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Originally posted by verbose101

No, they're realy nice little remotes, match the iPod perfectly, chrome front like the back of the iPod and white plastic back like the front of the iPod, I really like 'em.
Yah, I love em too... just waiting for them to come out here in Japan (or are they out already?) I was just expressing my first impressions on how tiny the thing is.

Anyways, enjoy!

irmongoose

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
HI.

I would just like to say, that flaming makes me cry.

So I got a question... can I buy a remote control for my ipod?

my ipod is the 5 gb ipod. thx for any help.

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Originally posted by redAPPLE
HI.

I would just like to say, that flaming makes me cry.

So I got a question... can I buy a remote control for my ipod?

my ipod is the 5 gb ipod. thx for any help.

Yep. Just go to a retail store, or the online store, and look for the Remote and Earphones Kit. The remote works with any iPod model, including the original 5 gig one.

irmongoose

P.S. Here's the link.

[edit] written at same time as Verbose101[/edit]