Removal of MBP Glass Safe for the LCD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Merzie, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Merzie macrumors member

I have cracked glass and won't fix until I get a new display lid (aluminum is bent). Or I might wait to get a good deal on the whole unit (currently 600). I would like to again consider taking the glass off, along with the bezel, and just have a bare screen. I would like to know the true problems with this (besides hideous bezel) such as color quality, etc.

My thoughts on this is that it will be fine. It should just look like a normal glossy santa rosa. The cracks have been spreading or getting longer, and I'm wondering if there is a higher probability of lcd damage with more and more cracks (kinda doubt it).

Currently I have a few large cracks that go across the whole screen. I notice this during movies, and high ambient light situations such as when I'm near a window or in class. I've been living with it and could continue to, but I rather do something.

Thanks guys!

2. Merzie thread starter macrumors member

3. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

this is the right forum

I would imagine scratching of the LCD would be the main problem...

4. Merzie thread starter macrumors member

glass scratching screen? what about after its been completed? more prone to scratches compared to the santa rosa glossies and the macbooks glassless display?