Remove a Clifford Cyber 100 from a Plymouth Voyager

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Last iOS 5 user, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Last iOS 5 user macrumors member

I have 2 cars, one of them is a 1991 Plymouth Voyager.
    It has power locks and an aftermarket Clifford Cyber 100 installed.
    It drains the battery, makes the elec. system go crazy and the auto-locks don't work correctly. The door handles are also screwed up and one wants to come off.
    This system is manufactured by DEI, not the former indipendent Clifford company. Doesnt appear to have valet switch.
    Do any of you on this forum know anything about DEI systems? Anyone installed any? I am trying to remove it and install the OEM Chrysler system i will get out of a lebaron.
    $_57.JPG
    The sistem looks like this, seems simple but must have tapped into lots of things because of how everything is screw up and the door handles are coming off. I think it might have hacked into the ignition switch too.

2. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

These are really not fun.

I would probably find a shop that specializes in wiring to do this for you.

I have removed these before, and it REALLY sucks. And you'll need a multi meter and wiring diagram

3. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

I used to install alarms, are you sure the alarm is causing these problems? I guarantee it has nothing to do with the one handle almost falling off.

As a test, can you find the brain of the alarm? You should be able to just unplug the brain and the car will function just fine as DEI only had an active starter kill on one model. If your symptoms go away with the brain unplugged, then remove the rest of the system.

If your symptoms don't go away, then I HIGHLY doubt the alarm is to blame.

4. Last iOS 5 user thread starter macrumors member

There was a weird switch i found on a panel. Looks like the DEI Valet Switch. One of the door panels are attached all weird too. From installation maybe?