Remove Red update reminder?

wymi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2012
I absolutely do not want the new 5.1 update. Is there any way to remove the Red update indicator from the settings icon with out doing the update.

Thanks

hismikeness

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2009
Can you acknowledge the badge, start the update, cancel before it begins and see if the badge goes away? Just an idea... I have no clue if it will work or not.

Or don't accept the terms or whatever, and cancel out at that point. :confused:

wymi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2012
Can you acknowledge the badge, start the update, cancel before it begins and see if the badge goes away? Just an idea... I have no clue if it will work or not.

Or don't accept the terms or whatever, and cancel out at that point. :confused:
Thanks, not brave enough to try that! Anyone wanna try that suggestion and let me know!

wymi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2012
I am curious though, why do you not want to update to 5.1 if you aren't jailbroken?
My 4s works perfectly for me. I can go 3 days on the battery with my use so battery life is not an issue for me. I don't want to loose my "Jack Legged" toggles I've added. I don't like the addition of the swipe up camera icon on the lock screen. Tap, tap, tap and I'm in my camera, I don't want tap, swipe up. I just don't want any changes to my phone no matter what others have liked about the update.

Jordan921

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
My 4s works perfectly for me. I can go 3 days on the battery with my use so battery life is not an issue for me. I don't want to loose my "Jack Legged" toggles I've added. I don't like the addition of the swipe up camera icon on the lock screen. Tap, tap, tap and I'm in my camera, I don't want tap, swipe up. I just don't want any changes to my phone no matter what others have liked about the update.
tap tap tap in the long run will cause more issues with your home button

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
tap tap tap in the long run will cause more issues with your home button
Depends on how many times he does it, and how long he keeps the phone. There are certainly people out there with home button issues, but it is not the norm. Most people do just fine for the life of their phone.