Remove Red update reminder?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wymi, Mar 10, 2012.

1. wymi macrumors regular

I absolutely do not want the new 5.1 update. Is there any way to remove the Red update indicator from the settings icon with out doing the update.

Thanks

2. wymi thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, thanks, I already moved the icon to the last screen so I wouldn't see it.

3. hismikeness macrumors regular

Can you acknowledge the badge, start the update, cancel before it begins and see if the badge goes away? Just an idea... I have no clue if it will work or not.

Or don't accept the terms or whatever, and cancel out at that point. :confused:

4. wymi thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, not brave enough to try that! Anyone wanna try that suggestion and let me know!

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Short answer (to the original question): If you are jailbroken, yes. If not, no.

6. wymi thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, that's what I thought. Looks like that icon just stays hidden.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I am curious though, why do you not want to update to 5.1 if you aren't jailbroken?

8. wymi thread starter macrumors regular

My 4s works perfectly for me. I can go 3 days on the battery with my use so battery life is not an issue for me. I don't want to loose my "Jack Legged" toggles I've added. I don't like the addition of the swipe up camera icon on the lock screen. Tap, tap, tap and I'm in my camera, I don't want tap, swipe up. I just don't want any changes to my phone no matter what others have liked about the update.

9. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

tap tap tap in the long run will cause more issues with your home button

10. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Depends on how many times he does it, and how long he keeps the phone. There are certainly people out there with home button issues, but it is not the norm. Most people do just fine for the life of their phone.