Removed iPhone/iPad from Find My iPhone and Erase all, but cannot be removed from iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by striders, Sep 26, 2015.

1. striders macrumors 6502

Per the subject, I have an iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Mini 3 where I did the "Erase All Contents and Settings". I was presented with my device passcode and finally my iCloud account. The devices went through it process to erase everything and I received an email that "Find my iPhone" has been disabled for each device.
    I then went to iCloud.com --> Settings and then removed each device from there.

Then for iTunes in my MacBook Pro, I went to iTunes --> Account Info --> Manage Devices but I cannot remove all the old devices. The "Remove" button is greyed out.

Will this cause problem with the new owner of the devices?

2. striders thread starter macrumors 6502

Welp, based on an article from 9to5mac, there seems to be a bug affecting the "iTunes on the Cloud", so much so that old devices can ONLY be removed from iTunes by contacting iTunes Customer Support. Even with that, it may not be 100% resolved.

So if it can't be resolved, I cannot sell my devices, since the devices will be forever tied to my iTunes on the Cloud account? WTH?!