Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ilma96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2017
So I just noticed today that the old iPhone 5 I sold to someone about a year ago is still showing under My Devices list on Apple ID :O I don't honestly know how as I did log off when selling the phone and reset the phone back to factory settings. Lucky that I never store anything on iCloud :D I have now removed this device from the list. Does this mean it will automatically log off on that iPhone and the person using it won't be able to access is it anymore or? I also changed the password. Thanks in advance.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
Did you wipe (reset) the phone when you sold it a year ago? If so, you have nothing to worry about.

ilma96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2017
Did you wipe (reset) the phone when you sold it a year ago? If so, you have nothing to worry about.

I did do that. That's why I don't understand how come it was still on the list. Thanks for the reply.

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL
There should be an option to delete the old device in the list. The device being in your list on your accounts page does not affect the new owner at all. It doesn't give them access to your info or data anywhere. It's simply on a list. Deleting off your list is fine, but it changes nothing anywhere else. I discovered I had an iMac on my list. I never bought one or owned one. LOL Deleted it.

Last edited:
Reactions: eyoungren

ilma96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2017
The list is really just like a record of devices.

Oh okay. Thank you.
[doublepost=1494163256][/doublepost]
There should be an option to delete the old device in the list. The device being in your list on your accounts page does not affect the new owner at all. It doesn't give them access to your info or data anywhere. It's simply on a list. Deleting off your list is fine, but it changes nothing anywhere else. I discovered I had an iMac on my list. I never bought one or owned one. LOL Deleted it.

I did already remove it. That's relieving. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.