Removing Apple ID from Device wait 90 days?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by metsjetsfan, Apr 30, 2013.

1. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

Can anyone advise on he 90 day wait policy when you remove your apple ID from a device? Want to give a relative an old iphone, does that mean I can't give it to them for 3 months after I disassociate and wipe. How are people selling their devices then?

Assuming this is when you disassociate then have all the purchased stuff lingering on there but a complete wipe is ok?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4627

Thanks

2. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

You wont have a problem. Don't know why is says 90 days. I swap accounts all the time without issues.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I think this may have to do with how find my iPhone works. I know when I sold a Macbook, even after a complete wipe, I was able to see said macbook's location for months. Technically, the second owner can turn off location services and thus make me unable to see the location, but the device still showed up in the list for me even after I manually removed it. Eventually it came off, some months later.

4. bozzykid macrumors 68020

This is why you should turn off iMessage, Facetime, Find My Phone, and then delete your iCloud account from your phone when you are going sell or give your phone to someone else. Then do a system restore.

5. metsjetsfan thread starter macrumors 65816

What happens if you dont. Shouldnt a wipe take care of that?

6. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I swapped two devices last night. Took 10 seconds.

7. bozzykid macrumors 68020

No. Eventually it will get removed. But a wipe doesn't disable those things right away.

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Its a 90 day waiting period to download purchased content via the cloud with multiple Apple IDs on the same device. I have two Apple IDs. If I download a purchased song from one of them, then sign out and sign back in to my other account and download a purchased app, I will have to wait 90 days before I can sign back into my first account and download something again.