Removing parts of an audio from an MP3

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Sprhmn Unknwn, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Sprhmn Unknwn macrumors newbie

I'm curious to know if there is an applications available that will remove, say for example, crowd noise/applauds from a typical MP3 music track? Also, what techniques are required to pull this off?

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

are you talking about removing parts of the audio (crowd etc) but keeping the other parts (music playing etc) at the same time? that will be VERY hard to do, and the software would be quite costly.

i would check out Audacity - its a pretty decent program with some very useful features. give that a go. works on Macs+Pcs.

3. Sprhmn Unknwn thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I am thinking exactly that. I'm trying to create an EP for a band that specifically requested that I take some of their live stuff and remix it all to do as I explained in the OP. Sadly they no longer have the masters due to a goof-up by the engineer who worked the soundboard at their shows so I'm stuck with what they sent me.

4. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

Only possible through phase inversion (and unless you have a perfect copy of the crowd, that's not happening :D), or through some clever EQ work.

There's tools that help remove noise/crackling etc, but they won't be much use here I guess.

I think you're better off leaving it in. Basically impossible. Go with the live feel!